so i was at a dance (after a few drinks) and attempted a backflip.....ATTEMPTED....long story short i broke the index finger on my fretting hand in 2 seperate places. i now hav to get 2 metal pins put in =/

so my question is, will my mobility in the finger ever be the same or am i skrewed for lifee?
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
th4tz s0 m3t4lz roflcopter.

Nah seriously, that's a case-by-case thing. Almost nobody will regain full mobility, but the extent to which you'll be limited is up in the air. If they've given you any exercises, for the love of God do them.
And if it does end up being inhibited, and you ever whine about it, listen to Django Reinhardt knowing that only 2 of his 4 fretting fingers were mobile.
Nahh you'll be fine, it's not like they have to amputate your fingers or something. It all depends on how you feel, if after a while you can move your fingers fine, then you're fine. But if you continue to feel sore after a long period of time, well maybe you won't fully recover.
yeah man do the lame mobility excercises the doc gives you if he gives you any. you'll just have to work back up to where you were, but just keep playing through it.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

kay thx boys BTW DWI= dancing while intoxicated LMFAO!

Jessica Alba
Oprah
Betty White
Just a bit of a hope story.

I broke my fretting hand pinky in 8th grade playing basketball (lets just say that I got the ball stolen from me, and my finger was wrapped behind the ball). This was before I started playing, so I've always dealt with the weird angle and weird mobility, but I learned to work around it and actually playing guitar has helped it out somewhat as far as having normal mobility.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Case by case thing. You might be fine, you might be screwed. In the end, a good thing is that you can still hold a pick with your middle finger. Bad part is it will be super hard to play classical if something happens.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
UG IS NOT A MEDICAL FORUM AND SHOULDN`T GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE.

tell you physio/occupational therapist that you are a guitarist they give you special excercises (i had a industrial accident many many years ago where i completely crushed my picking hand, they worked their special magic and i fingerpick like the accident never happend now)
It'll probably be mostly fine, the most that could happen is you wont get full strength, but it wont make much diference.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
ty guys

Jessica Alba
Oprah
Betty White
Quote by Natrone
Just a bit of a hope story.

I broke my fretting hand pinky in 8th grade playing basketball (lets just say that I got the ball stolen from me, and my finger was wrapped behind the ball). This was before I started playing, so I've always dealt with the weird angle and weird mobility, but I learned to work around it and actually playing guitar has helped it out somewhat as far as having normal mobility.

Same thing kinda, i was born with a slightly bent pinky, and I have no accuracy with it, cant HO or PO with any strength, but my ring finger is a lot stronger so it doesnt matter as much.
Pain is weakness leaving your body.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
UG IS NOT A MEDICAL FORUM AND SHOULDN`T GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE.

tell you physio/occupational therapist that you are a guitarist they give you special excercises (i had a industrial accident many many years ago where i completely crushed my picking hand, they worked their special magic and i fingerpick like the accident never happend now)

This.

TS, Nobody should be even attempting to offer advice and the you're mental if you pay attention to any of it.

The only person in a position to answer any questions about your injury is a doctor.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
This.

TS, Nobody should be even attempting to offer advice and the you're mental if you pay attention to any of it.

The only person in a position to answer any questions about your injury is a doctor.

But you're offering advice in saying not to follow advice; you're going to explode the guy. Besides, is it so far-fetched that somebody on this forum might know something other than -...hm, I can't seem to think of anything at the moment. Memes?

I just felt like arguing, he's really right. Medical attention is the only useful kind in a situation like this.
Quote by DarXyde
Same thing kinda, i was born with a slightly bent pinky, and I have no accuracy with it, cant HO or PO with any strength, but my ring finger is a lot stronger so it doesnt matter as much.

I was cursed with a pinky that bends towards my ring and an index that curves toward my middle finger. Hasn't held me back much. You just have to work at it.
Quote by DarXyde

I was too, actually all of my fingers are slightly bent (wow I got great luck in the gene lotto ) You just have to work on it and the strength will come eventually.