So, after 5 years of bass playing I decided to upgrade from my old, beat-up Samick Corsair. And after many months of trawling the net I decided on a Fender Deluxe J-Bass. I didn't want to over do the price so I ordered it from GAK (The guitar, amp and keyboard centre I believe) for £529 saying that it was in-stock and ready for immediate dispatch. However I recieved an email saying it isn't in stock and won't be dispatched until Wednesday 7th Oct (Next week). Now, that wouldnt be a problem but Its being delivered by City Link, and from what I've heard, thats baaad. Also, I needed it delivered this week because my dad works away so that the cardholder himself could collect it. And he took this week off because Im not very well and havent left the house in months. So, if I do miss the delivery (Which is apparently likely because of them apparently going to the wrong address) I cant go and collect it myself from the deopt, which is 20 miles there and back, and if I dont collect it before the deadline it will be ent back to GAK and I will have LONGER to wait. Has anyone EVER had any positive experiences with them or am I doomed to never get a new bass?
Ive been using Gak for years bro, never had a problem. Infact Id recommend them, ive probably dropped 3G's on them easy.

Call them up and explain the situation to them and see what they come up with.
Kay thanks, I don't like how they say one thing about stock that isn't right, but so long as my £529 doesnt get "Stamped by a size 11 shoe" or "Left outside the back door for 7 hours" by CityLink as posted on reviews then It might turn out ok...
If its something over £200 its best to call and deal with them over the phone. Its good to get a name of someone who works there just incase something does go wrong.

Dont worry to much, it'll all be k.

When ever city links delivered, it was just a case of checking the guitar/gear was ok then signing for it. My parents even did it. You dont need to be the card holder, simply be there to sign for it.
Gak are notorious for never having things in stock. Ive has some issues with them in the past despite spending over £4k there. Wouldnt go back.
I must be popular with Gak

I always call when I order, the site's connected to their warehouse and its not updated often. I have recieved different brand leads than I ordered but thats about it.
If my bass turns up with just a tiny dent Im sending it back. Im really unlucky so that dent is probably doing something really unlikely...I will wait and see what happens with the delivery anyway.
Quote by sm3llyd3c
If my bass turns up with just a tiny dent Im sending it back. Im really unlucky so that dent is probably doing something really unlikely...I will wait and see what happens with the delivery anyway.

dont worry about it man you have 7 days legally. if you get any **** just post a vid on here and on youtube about how much they suck