I have a linksys wireless modem. More specifically: Wireless G-ADSL Home Gateway.

Currently it provides internets for my pc and my laptop, but both by a cable. When I try to connect to it wirelessly from my laptop, it requires a password. How do I change/set this password?
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Quote by En_zed
I have a linksys wireless modem. More specifically: Wireless G-ADSL Home Gateway.

Currently it provides internets for my pc and my laptop, but both by a cable. When I try to connect to it wirelessly from my laptop, it requires a password. How do I change/set this password?

Did you type that intentionally?

Anyway, look at the back of the modem. The WEP key is usually there.
If the above doesn't work, type 192.168.0.1 into the url bar of your browser and hit enter, that should take you to your router's config page (if not, replace the 0 with a 1, one of the two should work). (do this on a computer connected via cable)

If it asks for login stuff, put admin as your login, and don't put a password, there usually isn't one. If there is, try 1234, or look in the router's documentation.

Anyways, once you're there, you should be able to find the WEP key in there. It might be a long string of random characters though, so you'll want ot write it down.
Quote by joshua122593
Did you type that intentionally?

Anyway, look at the back of the modem. The WEP key is usually there.

Yes I did.

and I do believe you just solved my problem.

What should this thread be about now?

Quote by dark&broken
If the above doesn't work, type 192.168.0.1 into the url bar of your browser and hit enter, that should take you to your router's config page (if not, replace the 0 with a 1, one of the two should work). (do this on a computer connected via cable)

If it asks for login stuff, put admin as your login, and don't put a password, there usually isn't one. If there is, try 1234, or look in the router's documentation.

Anyways, once you're there, you should be able to find the WEP key in there. It might be a long string of random characters though, so you'll want ot write it down.

Ahhh, this too. Thanks!

You're just another brick in the wall
Last edited by En_zed at Sep 30, 2009,
reset the router. then log into the router using the ip address. login is admin with no password for default for most routers. u can change settings from there
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by En_zed
Yes I did.

and I do believe you just solved my problem.

What should this thread be about now?

Yay I helped.
Haha. I used to log in to my neighbour's Linksys. Until he upgraded to WEP ... Then I cracked it. Then he went to WPA, and I'm cracking it right now. Moral of the story ? Beware, man, and protect your network.
Quote by Dog
You must be able to tremolo pick like a mad man.

Quote by RinestoneCowboy
How the **** do you jerk off?

Oh yeah: I'm a French-Canadian so excuse my English .