Well, I've come to the point in my guitar-playing "career" where I'd like to make a step up equipment-wise and really start to find my sound. I've got decent enough guitars but I'm severely lacking in the amplifier department. I've been researching different artists' equipment (the Fender Twin Reverb seems to a pretty common factor) and I have a pretty good idea of the sound I'm looking for. I like the Twin Reverb a lot but, to be honest, it's much more amp than I need for playing in my room and recording. Ideally, I'd like an amp with chimey cleans (perhaps along the lines of "Bigmouth Strikes Again") and more trebely gain (think Jack White). I don't play anything too heavy so I'm not concerned with having loads of gain and low-end. I've looked around but the only amp that has really captured my interest is the Orange Tiny Terror. Is there anything in that price range that might be better for the sound I'm searching for?
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Vox night train? It's got that vintage vox chimey cleans. And I belive it's small enough for practice, but budget?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
The Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is nice, and about 1/2 the price of the Twin. It is actually a bit cheaper than the orange and I think it'll have better cleans. Orange amps are nice though...

http://www.jr.com/fender/pe/FEN_0213202000/
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by LEPIV
The Fender Hot Rod Deluxe is nice, and about 1/2 the price of the Twin. It is actually a bit cheaper than the orange and I think it'll have better cleans. Orange amps are nice though...

http://www.jr.com/fender/pe/FEN_0213202000/

Orange amps are a bit over rated, but the rod deluxe totally blew my mind lol, puntos for you

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
My budget is right in the $500 neighborhood.
#48 of the Fender Armada

Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Blues Jr? I heard it has great cleans. However, I don't think it really has that much gain. Might need a tubescreamer or something
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
check out the Vox Night Train....it is incredibly versatile. awesome cleans and a wide range of distortion....no reverb though.......its perfect for practicing and small gigs. the only thing is its a bit pricey (like westdyolf said before)
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Think the night train is over your budget, but it really is a great head, so is a bugera v22

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Hmm, I just watched a few reviews of the Night Train and it's definitely something I'll have to play. From what I've heard, the cleans are pretty spot on–I'd like to play around with the gain.

Quote by Jhachey22

Err, I'm not sure I understand why I would buy an amp in Hawaii and pay to have that shipped half way around the world (I know all to well what it costs to ship things between Hawaii and the mainland).

Edit: I just realized that I hadn't updated my location. I'm not in Honolulu anymore.
#48 of the Fender Armada

Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Last edited by Sunshine86 at Sep 30, 2009,
Have you considered maybe a DIY amp? It does save you quite a bit of money even if you get it pre-assembled.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Sunshine86
Hmm, I just watched a few reviews of the Night Train and it's definitely something I'll have to play. From what I've heard, the cleans are pretty spot on–I'd like to play around with the gain.

Err, I'm not sure I understand why I would buy an amp in Hawaii and pay to have that shipped half way around the world (I know all to well what it costs to ship things between Hawaii and the mainland).

Edit: I just realized that I hadn't updated my location. I'm not in Honolulu anymore.

oh, where are you now?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Northern Virginia, just outside of D.C. Sorry about that.
#48 of the Fender Armada

Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
found this in DC
Carvin Nomad - $350
+
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive - $60

but which one of these cities are closest to you/which ones would you be willing to travel to?
charleston
eastern panhandle
huntington-ashland
morgantown
northern panhandle
parkersburg-marietta
southern WV
west virginia (old)
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
nightrains can be had for $500 new. samash $100 off coupon ftmfw. great little head. gets my vote.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The more I read about/listen to the Night Train, the more I want it. I can't wait to play one.
#48 of the Fender Armada

Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Aidy Damage
Laney VC-30 210.

that is NOT a small amp, lol

i've got the vc15 and even that cranks, plenty for band practice and gigs but small enough for your bedroom as well

EDIT: just went back and read more about what you're looking for TS and I can highly recommend the vc15 for what it sounds like you're after