'Ello, Pit.

I was wondering if there was a way [be it Firefox add-on or otherwise] to download a song or audio file off of an embedded flash player [think MySpace Music]?

I know there are add-ons [DownloadHelper] that allow you to downloaded flash videos, such as from Youtube but it does not quite work with multi-song players. I can't get it to work with playlist.com, either.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions?
well if you just want the audio, you can set it so that a program like audacity or acid can record whatever is playing on your sound card. is that what you want to do?
Quote by mental_zer0
well if you just want the audio, you can set it so that a program like audacity or acid can record whatever is playing on your sound card. is that what you want to do?

So it would just record whatever's playing, so I'd just change some settings in Audacity [which I have], hit record, then his play on the flash player?

I just want the audio file that is playing on the flash player for use... in iTunes or whatever. Download it.
if you have vista like i do, right click the volume icon in the corner and click "recording devices". right click in a blank spot in the device space and you should see an option to "show disabled devices". click it, and it should reveal the sound card option. set it as your default, head into audacity and find the option to set the sound card as your input device.

hit record on audacity, hit play on the player. save file as a .wav or whatnot.
Quote by mental_zer0
if you have vista like i do, right click the volume icon in the corner and click "recording devices". right click in a blank spot in the device space and you should see an option to "show disabled devices". click it, and it should reveal the sound card option. set it as your default, head into audacity and find the option to set the sound card as your input device.

hit record on audacity, hit play on the player. save file as a .wav or whatnot.

I don't have Vista, I have XP.

However, on Audacity, there is a dropdown menu next to the microphone volume with the choices:

Phone Line
Microphone
Line In
CD Player
Aux
Stereo Mix
Mono Mix

And microphone was selected by default. It wouldn't be phone line, mic, line in, or cd player, I assume. Do you think it'd be stereo mix? Or is this even the right thing, do you think?
Quote by Msu_Man04
I don't have Vista, I have XP.

However, on Audacity, there is a dropdown menu next to the microphone volume with the choices:

Phone Line
Microphone
Line In
CD Player
Aux
Stereo Mix
Mono Mix

And microphone was selected by default. It wouldn't be phone line, mic, line in, or cd player, I assume. Do you think it'd be stereo mix? Or is this even the right thing, do you think?

yeah that's it. change it to that, make sure you have it set to 2 channels instead of one so it doesn't record in mono. hit record, play the song.

EDIT stereo mix that is
I use the Ask and Record toolbar for Firefox. It's in beta right now but it works great.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER