What band is harder to cover for guitar, Protest the Hero or Between the Buried and Me. I know they have very different styles but I just want your opinion.

Is that even a serious question? BTBAM for sure. PTH just sounds like crap IMO because of the vocalist, though the guitarist and drummer are very talented. They're nowhere near as heavy, prog, or versatile as BTBAM though.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Is that even a serious question? BTBAM for sure. PTH just sounds like crap IMO because of the vocalist, though the guitarist and drummer are very talented. They're nowhere near as heavy, prog, or versatile as BTBAM though.

PTH are awesome.

But BTBAM would be harder.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
The hardest BTBAM song is probably harder to play than the hardest PTH song, IMO. I still like PTH more though
I'm pretty sure PTH would be harder to cover. At least any of the songs from Fortress. Bloodmeat is the easiest song and I can barely play that properly
Last edited by D&DLover at Sep 30, 2009,
yeah no way BTBAM are harder of taught 4 or 5 BTBAM songs and I can't play a single PTH song all the way through
BTBAM...so much more technical
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
I can play 8 or 9 Protest songs, but the Backtrack (obviously easy) is the only song I've found I can play from BTBAM without my wrist hurting. The I haven't been listening to BTBAM very long.
Quote by D&DLover
I'm pretty sure PTH would be harder to cover.

i find protest to be easier actually, BTBAM there's more little things to remember in a longer song than protests' 3 minute songs
Destroy. Erase. Improve.

I am.
Quote by crypticslaughtr
they both suck dick

I apologize for off-topicness.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by winnipegbassist
i find protest to be easier actually, BTBAM there's more little things to remember in a longer song than protests' 3 minute songs

It may be harder to remember, but I highly doubt they're technically harder. Then again, I haven't tried learning any BTBAM songs
BTBAM for sure, because they incorporate multiple styles making it necessary for you to be very versatile in all the instruments as well they bring lots of technicality. PTH is as well very technical and instrumentally demanding but in terms of covers, a 10-14 minute BTBAM song is much harder than a typical 3-5 minute PTH song by far. But once again it really depends what song you are covering.
Last edited by Piscasis at Sep 30, 2009,
Quote by no.mop
*Metal Douche*

Win, but anyway I think that Protest would be a bit harder, BTBAM Have a bit more repetition in their parts. But as someone mentioned before they play a large range of styles.
Quote by no.mop

I apologize for off-topicness.

lmao i remember that thread. god that kids an idiot "whats your favorite thing about being a metalhead?"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Warned for having the wrong opinion.
IDK, some BTBAM is really challenging and some is not, same goes with PTH.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Depends on the song choice, Some BTBAM is piss hard (Ants of the Sky), and so is some Protest. Both have easier songs as well (though still not easy).

Although, because I'm a BTBAM fanboy, I'd like to say BTBAM.