Basically, I know a boost pedal boosts your signal, but to what extent? Like what do you use a boost pedal such as this MXR Boost Pedal do to your line? For example, if I was to run it in the effect loop of my amp, and I had it on high distortion, what exactly would it do?
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
I think you would run it in front of the amp to make your guitar a bit louder for solos.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Well what kind of pedal would I use if I only want to boost my distortion on my amp a bit? Like going from normal heavy metal distortion to SWEET JESUS CHRIST ITS TOO BROOOOOTALLLL kinda thing.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Umm a boost, or an overdrive, i personally keep my OD on the whole time and to get my solo boost type thing i switch pups. So yea, either a Booster or an overdrive.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
I think you would run it in front of the amp to make your guitar a bit louder for solos.

That's exactly what it does, also for your lead parts. Actually, I tried the MXR Micro Amp today. All it does is give you a little boost in volume and gain.

It also allows you to boost the signal if you have a particularly big pedal board, so the signal won't be lost and you can't hear SH-ITE.
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal