I was thinking about switching to ibanez guitars because of how smoothly and fastly they play. I want to ask which one of THESE guitars would be better?

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-RG1527-LIST?SRC=D0301DT0HAMS0000&utm_source=shopping&utm_medium=feed&

I'm thinking about trying 7 string out because of chris broderick and its just something new to try

or

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-RG1550M-LIST

I've been looking at this one for a while and thought it would be pretty good. Since it seems to look like the ibanez rg550 which I heard were good.

Spend the extra $$$ on the 7 string and try something new or do the normal one?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
If it were me, I'd go with the seven string. You already have a good six string so why not?
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
I would go with the 6 String...just detune But I dunno for me the single coil gets in the way of my picking
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
7 string; more versatility.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
If you want a 7-string, go for it. If you don't think you'll ever use it, go for 6. But you do already have a good 6-stringer.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
i would get the six string but if you want to try something new and can afford it go for the seven string
RG1550M for me. Or, better yet, one of the J-Custom guitars so you can have a H-H configuration.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
RG1550M for me. Or, better yet, one of the J-Custom guitars so you can have a H-H configuration.

A J-custom would definitely be better but it would also be twice as expensive. A lot of people end up just lowering the middle pup all the way down to get it out of the way, that's easy enough to do.
Quote by stratman7
A J-custom would definitely be better but it would also be twice as expensive. A lot of people end up just lowering the middle pup all the way down to get it out of the way, that's easy enough to do.
I guess you could also get a H-H pick-guard too if you really wanted it gone.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...