Hy guys so I'm looking at buying a zune 120 mainly because I want something big that I can put a ton of music on from zunepass which is awesome.

The only problem is my computers hard drive only has 40 GB free on it

So is there a way through the zune software to download music to the zune without having it download to the computer? Like having it download to the zune as if it was an external drive?

Thanks
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
Yes. Sync it to the zune then erase it from your computer.

Btw my Zune broke 3 different times on me. **** those bastards (the new ones I mean..my old one is STILL working)
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Agreed. my new one is awesome and still kicking. i'm pretty sure that my 80 gig roasted in the car a few too many hours tho
So the zune doesn't work like an ipod where if you erase a song off your computer it goes off the device?
You Are Now Aware Of Your Own Breathing
No, but I think you have to make sure to specifically set one of your settings. I think it might be the whole "Auto sync to this comp". If you turn that off im pretty sure it should work.

Only problem is I dont know how to get the song back from the Zune to the comp...is there a way to Sync the other way around ? Cause my comp just got wiped..it has NO songs on it. My zune, however, has all 2000+ of my songs. I want my muuusik back on my comp
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Last edited by yellowfrizbee at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Only problem is I dont know how to get the song back from the Zune to the comp...is there a way to Sync the other way around ? Cause my comp just got wiped..it has NO songs on it. My zune, however, has all 2000+ of my songs. I want my muuusik back on my comp

Yep, you can copy all songs from your Zune to your computer. Same goes for video, pictures, podcasts, whatever. Whereas to (manually) sync from PC to Zune you'd choose the content from your library and then drag it to the Zune icon in the bottom left, to reverse the process you go to your device library and drag the content from your Zune to the little PC icon (took the place of the zune icon).

I've been using Zune's for a while. They can be pretty non-restrictive sometimes, restrictive others. We still can't use the damn thing as an external hard drive without a hack. But they let you do what you want with your media as long as it's a supported format by the software.

Side note, I've had my Zune HD for a couple of weeks. Am in love.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
No, but I think you have to make sure to specifically set one of your settings. I think it might be the whole "Auto sync to this comp". If you turn that off im pretty sure it should work.

There's probably programs that can do that (A big one is Idump but judging the name it might be uncooperative for zunes). If not, you could download winamp, choose all the songs on device --> Copy to local media and presto.

Off-topic, but for all the Zune users, how are they? I'm just about sick of my brick ipod and would like to try something else rather than these fruity Touches or new Videos Apple keeps releasing.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
yeh I just download it to my pc, then tranfser it to my zune and then promptly erase it from my pc
xbox live gamertag: phillips215