Page 1 of 2
Hey guys my band "Soul Dreamers" Just got a record deal from 272 records in Hollywood.

Wondering to know if you guys know bout this record label and is it popular.
because we are an australian band and not really sure what is happening over the other side in america.

We are going to be on a compilation disc named "Acoustika 18"
Its going to be released on the 7th of October

you can buy a copy on our myspace (when its released ofcourse)

www.myspace.com/souldreamers1

tell me what u think

Cheers
Gratz man.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
i think you should do a dance like this:

I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by ShestShestShest
I think you're lying.

I agree. A user of a music-related forum being signed to a minor record label is way too funny, epic, unusual, ironic and stupid to be true.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Seems kinda like a joke of a label, and a heads up... just because they are in Hollywood doesnt make it amazing at all.

Regardless, cool I guess. Good luck...

Now after reading about the label, its a comp album, not a "record deal". Second, was there a buy in for this? Kinda seems like thats how they work it... Just dont get ripped off, thats my point...
Last edited by Diet_coke_head at Oct 1, 2009,
give them my band's demo or suffer banishment!

but seriously, congrats.

but seriously. let's tour
#DTWD
Quote by whalepudding
I agree. A user of a music-related forum being signed to a minor record label is way too funny, epic, unusual, ironic and stupid to be true.

i agree..if its true congrats but its only the start...also its very funny u guys only joined myspace this year and have got so few hits...
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Quote by Twofly
i agree..if its true congrats but its only the start...also its very funny u guys only joined myspace this year and have got so few hits...

The only way to get myspace hits are

• Whoring
  • Yet more whoring
  • Buying views (buying whoring)

so I wouldn't exactly use that

Congrats TS!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It looks like all they do is compilation records. What's the length of the deal etc? If it's just compilation stuff, that's fine, but I'd still shop around for someone that will actually hand you a proper deal if that isn't the case here. Plus, it being small, US based and (seemingly) compilation albums only, you aren't going to get much support from them. My band's deal is with a minor label in Finland, and we don't get huge amounts of support from them (although they have been dealing with 3 or 4 album releases over the last two months, so that's probably why).
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It looks like all they do is compilation records. What's the length of the deal etc? If it's just compilation stuff, that's fine, but I'd still shop around for someone that will actually hand you a proper deal if that isn't the case here. Plus, it being small, US based and (seemingly) compilation albums only, you aren't going to get much support from them. My band's deal is with a minor label in Finland, and we don't get huge amounts of support from them (although they have been dealing with 3 or 4 album releases over the last two months, so that's probably why).

Which label are you signed to? Is it spinefarm?
Awesome, you must be pretty happy

Take me away is an awesome song, is that the one going on their album?
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You've actually heard of them?

Finnish music nerd

Plus I used to work for a cd distributor (EUK) so had to deal with invoice deliveries from every single record label...
Quote by Twofly

I'm not sure how exactly, but one way or another I've failed at sarcasm.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
well done, you guys sound good
My gear

Les Paul Deluxe
Fender Stu Hamm Urge II (Selling)
Strat
Hudson Electro-Acoustic
Marshall 1923 85th 50W Tube Stack
BLUEROCK BSH2-300G 300 Watt Bass Head (selling)
300 Watt 1 - 15 Bass Cab (selling)

My Band
Quote by EnyoAdonai
Awesome, you must be pretty happy

Take me away is an awesome song, is that the one going on their album?

Yep thats the one and its going to be mastered.

Thank you everyone for the support and the congratulations

p.s add us on myspacee
Congrats! I agree, make a song for UG!
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by TANK4
Hey guys my band "Soul Dreamers" Just got a record deal from 272 records in Hollywood.

Wondering to know if you guys know bout this record label and is it popular.
because we are an australian band and not really sure what is happening over the other side in america.

We are going to be on a compilation disc named "Acoustika 18"
Its going to be released on the 7th of October

you can buy a copy on our myspace (when its released ofcourse)

www.myspace.com/souldreamers1

tell me what u think

Cheers

So, you've signed to a label without knowing too much about them?
Is that wise?
I'm just gonna be honest with you, don't get your hopes up. This isn't a record deal. It's a compilation album. I'm not stealin your thunder or anything, congratulations! Getting on a comp album is definitely going to help spread your music. Unless they are paying you (which I don't think they are) I think your best hopes would be to have your music spread wherever the albums are sold. I would check with the record label and see if you get a cut of total sales of the cd (That should be your indicator right there), and if they have a contract to provide future (or any) recordings, promotion, bookings, or anything to further your musical career other than being featured on a compilation album. Rock on and congrats on the comp, just don't rest your hopes and dreams as a band with how this 'label' performs with you guys.
Quote by whalepudding

why?
my old band had a chance to be signed to a minor label, we just refused it because the terms were terrible.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
why?
my old band had a chance to be signed to a minor label, we just refused it because the terms were terrible.

...He was being overly sarcastic, it's like he had sarcastic juice poured over his sarcastic post, which was insanely sarcastic. Sarcastic.
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
congrats!!!

but to be honest i've never heard of that label and i live in America...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Page 1 of 2