I just got a pretty nice midrange pair of noise cancelling headphones. Anyone know of anywhere where I can stream or download some high quality audio samples to test them out?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Put in a CD?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
Put in a CD?

Too compressed. I'm looking for a "lossless" type audio sample.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Oh.

Gagghh..

I forgot the name of a filetype.

ARGHGHGHH!H!!

This is going to be on my mind for awhile. Damn you!!!

Quote by CrossBack7
look up "the bunny boy" on youtube. watch it in hi def. the audio in the intro is pretty intense if I remeber correctly. It should definately test out your bass,
no sir away a papaya war is on
you could try a FLAC file. theyre lossless.
I have no opinion on this matter.
FLAC!!!

Yes!!!

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by soul_power

what you're looking for is .flac and .alac, both of which are far more compressed and run at lower bit rates than a cd fyi,
a cd is the closest to uncompressed you will get andmost loseless if not all of it you will find is ripped from cd's
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by justinb904
what you're looking for is .flac and .alac, both of which are far more compressed and run at lower bit rates than a cd fyi,
a cd is the closest to uncompressed you will get andmost loseless if not all of it you will find is ripped from cd's

MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3, more commonly referred to as MP3, is a patented digital audio encoding format using a form of lossy data compression.

Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC) is a file format for lossless audio data compression. During compression, FLAC does not lose quality from the audio stream, as lossy compression formats such as MP3, AAC, and Vorbis do.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
NOOOOO!

CDs are lossless and so is FLAC! (although compressed, it's still lossless and does not run at a lower bitrate). Where do you guys think high-quality audio comes from? Straight from the musicians on a piece of diamond?

High-quality audio is huge (i.e. >30mb for a song).

Put in a CD. Actually, vinyl. They're waaaay cooler.
Last edited by tatotato at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by soul_power

x100

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
x100

You didn't really find it that funny, did you?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by maggot9779
Ofcourse it's compressed. That's what mastering does. Most modern CDs are compressed/limited to 0db.

They aren't talking about the audio effect "compression" they're talking about sampling an analogue signal and quantising it into a discretised digital signal, thereby compressing it to fill up less space on a storage device. Some methods sound better than others... but at the end of the day it all comes down to the resolution and sampling rate, because the faster it is, the higher the frequencies that can be passed through without causing noticable aliasing. So listening to music stored in an analogue format such as a vinyl disc will always get you better sound quality than a file that has been discretised.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
THE only free way to do this would mean you are a PIRATE, who keeps the authorities at BAY.
Use teh br00tal vinyl..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
CD audio is uncompressed in data/sample rate or bit depth. It (and any mp3 of a recent band) will have been likely mastered to be loud with a limiter (a form of dynamic compression), but many will still not be that extremely done and will still sound good. Try something like Blood Sugar Sex Magik by the Chilli Peppers, or something older like Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, David Bowie, or something else.

Otherwise, if you have a BluRay player, try listening to something on that (if you have any concert DVDs or something).
Quote by skittle_eater
hahaha what the **** has the world come to

audiophiles, lol!
Quote by fleaflicker182
CD audio is uncompressed in data/sample rate or bit depth. It (and any mp3 of a recent band) will have been likely mastered to be loud with a limiter (a form of dynamic compression), but many will still not be that extremely done and will still sound good.

Exactly. CD = "lossless" format.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by soul_power