i've been looking at firewire interfaces and all of them looks like long blocks with 6-8 XLR inputs.

So i was wondering. are there interfaces out there with 3+ guitar inpus, MIDI in/out and maybe some XLRs?

if there is, price don't really matter, but keep it low (under 400 maybe).

Maybe im going to sell my Guitar Rig interface, because it's not worth having if im not using Guitar Rig.
I don't know any with over 3 guitar inputs for that price. The Focusrite saffire pro (24 or 40) has 2 good instrument inputs, and you could always just plug into a line in or use a DI box in front of the line in for the extra guitars.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
^What is the price where i can get guitar inputs, XLRs and MIDI? I don't have a mic, but for future use, they can be useful.
You could daisy chain multiple Presonus devices to get what you need. Get one device like the Firebox for the midi, and then just a couple of Inspire 1934 units for the instrument/mic inputs.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Quote by GisleAune
i've been looking at firewire interfaces and all of them looks like long blocks with 6-8 XLR inputs.

So i was wondering. are there interfaces out there with 3+ guitar inpus, MIDI in/out and maybe some XLRs?

if there is, price don't really matter, but keep it low (under 400 maybe).

Maybe im going to sell my Guitar Rig interface, because it's not worth having if im not using Guitar Rig.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=241723V
used for 400$ im sure on ebay you could find an even better deal. at new its 500$. either way 8 is a sick amount of inputs and youll be able to mic drums if you ever want to.
Last edited by MetalBass 77 at Oct 4, 2009,
Look up the Alesis firewire mixers, that should work ok for a reasonable price.
I've got an AudioFire that works just fine...check them out. I think they're made my Sonic.
So i can plug a jack into the center of the XLR inputs?

I have some question
1) Are there hi-Z (unbalanced input) on every track?
2) My laptop doesnt have a firewire input, how to add one?
3) Are those things made to last?
4) Worth every penny
Last edited by GisleAune at Oct 6, 2009,
Quote by GisleAune
So i can plug a jack into the center of the XLR inputs?

I have some question
1) Are there hi-Z (unbalanced input) on every track?
2) My laptop doesnt have a firewire input, how to add one?
3) Are those things made to last?
4) Worth every penny

1) it will take a guitar input just fine.
2) there should be a hook up to which you can add a firewire port to your computer, but it will cost money, im not sure how much though.
3) its most likely going to be sitting in a studio so yes it should last a while
4) ive heard good thigns about it, so i assume yes
So there are jack input in the center of the XLR inputs? so i can just connect 8 jacks if i want to?
Does those inputs marked with "line" be good for guitar/bass? (sorry for stupid questions)
I think im going for this one. (Presonus Firestudio Project)

Costs ALMOST 5500kr in norway ( 996 bucks)