Im in the progress of writing lyrics for a concept album. I need some tips for the storyline.
So far I've got the story as;
I guy who lives through a nuclear war and then experiences a nuclear winter and goes through darkness by himself. He then goes out and starts to discover other people and starts to discover of what life is left with. He then goes through a mysterious religious path as he reflects on what it was like before the nuclear war. Eventually he gets old and rethinks of what he has lived through.

As you can see the story is pretty boring so far and i need some ideas to beef it up.
I've got some working titles of the songs i have written so far. They include;
-Nuclear Winter
-Winter Screams
-No Way Out
-Rough Texture
-Clockwise
-See the Light
-Whats the Time

Im planning to write 4 more songs so im looking for 4 more ideas.
So can u please give some ideas.
thanks
Maybe start it with him reflecting? Then you can have two of the main character, and periodically switch off between the young and old versions of him. But maybe place a bigger focus on the younger one.

Just a thought.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Last edited by yoduh4077 at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by yoduh4077
Maybe start it with him reflecting? Then you can have two of the main character, and periodically switch off between the young and old versions of him. But maybe place a bigger focus on the younger one.

Just a thought.

Yerr that would actually work quite well. As the last song which i have written has a reflection between being young and old.
So I base one character before the "Nuclear Winter" and one after the "Nuclear Winter".

thanks
what about

"Never forgotten" reflecting on the people before the nuclear war

Or

"Forecry for the fallen" for the backstory before the war
Quote by celitus
what about

"Never forgotten" reflecting on the people before the nuclear war

Or

"Forecry for the fallen" for the backstory before the war

Thanks for the ideas
I will work on those titles
Last edited by 2848_RAD at Oct 2, 2009,
- The Molerat
- The Vault
- Megaton
- No, it's not like oblivion but in a different setting
- Yes, it is
- Where's dad?
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Maybe have him reflect on the death family or a loved one. Maybe some titles(not necessarily for the topic just mentioned.)
Blinding light- describing the immediate impact of the war specifically the bomb
the angels unleashed- alluding to the angel of death
Death of the Dark- another allusion to the bomb or ignorance of the masses