Do some people like a reverse headstock better? I find it uglier, would there be a way to make it normal?
There shouldn't be any difference, but some say there is a small change in tone...
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
It is for spearing any and all adversaries.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Apparently there's some difference in tone, due to the bass strings being longer, but again, like most things like this, most people can't tell the difference.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Its mostly for looks. There is supposed to be a difference in tone Ive never heard it. As for reversing it not really, you would have to swap the neck. Down side is you usually need lefty tuners for em which can cut down on replacement options.
Quote by AntiG3
Apparently there's some difference in tone, due to the bass strings being longer, but again, like most things like this, most people can't tell the difference.

Maybe not so much tone, but the string feel. There's a tad more downward pressure from teh low strings on the nut, which increases the tension on the low strings and makes for tighter picking for rhythms. This, of course has the opposite effect on the high strings, lessening the tension on them some, so bends are much easier and smoother.

The effect is very slight though, some people might not notice it.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Do you really need a new thread for every single question?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Reverse headstock is badass, end of story.

The only difference is the tuning heads have to be left handed, otherwise they'll turn the opposite way as normal when you tune.

The only downside is when sitting down I sometimes hit the tuning heads on the couch or whatever and need to re-tune.
Last edited by potatohead_33 at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by dsan224
Do some people like a reverse headstock better? I find it uglier, would there be a way to make it normal?

You could make it "normal" by replacing the neck. Of course, if you are going to go to those lengths, you might as well just buy another guitar with a non-reverse headstock.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Reverse headstock is the Hendrix look. Real popular in the 80's. It will slightly increase tension on the bass strings and decrease it on the treble strings as compared to a standard inline headstock, but most people wouldn't even notice it.
There is definitely a difference, especially if the headstock is at all angled. Reverse headstocks are a great idea if you're the only guitarist in a band and you're playing both rhythm style parts and lead parts; the tighter low E and A strings give a great, precise tone and response for rock rhythm playing, while the high E and B strings will be easier to perform wild bends on while not being so 'snappy', which can help mellow out the tone of higher notes during rhythm parts.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I love the reverse headstock idea
gives the guitar something, makes it look kinda different becuase most people have standard headstocks
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

My DX10Ds have reverse headstocks and I love them just for the fact that I think having the tuners facing the floor makes it easier to tune. You can keep your arm in a more natural position when twisting the tuning heads.

Plus I think it looks cooler.
I bet with a quick order to GFS that would be a nice little guitar. I really like the way it looks.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
you have made 16 threads in under 2 weeks, almost all about buying a new guitar in some way, shape or form. stick with one thread, and ask your new questions in there if it is about the same/similar topic. this is not a request.