So, I just installed Snow Leopard, and got iTunes 9.0. When I have a song paused, and skip to the next song, it doesn't tell me what song i skipped to. It's just blank. I figured it was a dumbass feature or something, but my two friends have it too, and they don't have this problem. The only difference is that I have one of the unibody Macbook Pros, and they have the early '07 model.

I got an update to 9.0.1 and it fixed some problems, but not the one I'm having. Does anyone else have this problem and/or a suggestion on how to fix it?

And would I lose my library if I uninstall and reinstall iTunes?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
I honestly think the Pit is THE most helpful barrel of monkeys I've ever been a part of.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

-Hans Christian Andersen
Quote by BlindSilence917
I honestly think the Pit is THE most helpful barrel of monkeys I've ever been a part of.
You get what you pay for.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Lol thanks. I appreciate the help.

@Lyoto: isn't it though?

@Gargantuan: I usually have it on shuffle, but it does it when it's not on shuffle too. :/
-Frank Zappa

-Hans Christian Andersen
Last edited by BlindSilence917 at Oct 1, 2009,
forgot to mention that...i was gonna do that, but i don't have the money for an external, and the only flash drive i have is 8GB..well, and i have a 256MB, but that's not **** for my 40GB+ library.

I was looking for a cheaper solution lol. Thanks though, i'm gonna try scraping some money together to get one.
-Frank Zappa

-Hans Christian Andersen
go for it. thanks man.
-Frank Zappa

-Hans Christian Andersen
Mine doesn't do that. I'm running the updated iTunes 9 on Snow Leopard (pirated) on an 07 white Macbook. You should be able to delete the app and reinstall it without losing your library. What you can also do is go find your library (music>itunes>itunes music) and back it up to another part of your hard drive. You're on a unibody mbp, you probably have like 320gb on your hd. Just copy the folder over to the desktop of something, then reinstall iTunes and then move it back if it's gone.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
When I have a song paused, and skip to the next song, it doesn't tell me what song i skipped to. It's just blank.

I don't think you have a problem. The progress window shows the name and time of the song playing. If nothing is playing, there is nothing to display. If you skip to the next song without pausing, you will display the next song. If you pause a song, you display info for the paused song. If you pause and skip, there is nothing playing or paused, therefore there is nothing to display until you click play.

And would I lose my library if I uninstall and reinstall iTunes?

No, your music library is stored separately from the iTunes application. You can either reinstall iTunes over your current installation or remove it and reinstall it. You can also remove iTunes completely (again without disturbing your library and music, etc) as described here: Remove iTunes in OSX, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1224