So, i need portable, nice sounding amp which i could use for rehearsals with drums. I think 30 w would be enough. I play practically everything from funk to metal, so i need pretty versatile sound. But if there is not such a versatile amp it could be at least with nice clean sound and it could be solid state Budget is 300$ max. I won't necessarily buy it new, maybe second hand, so budget is pretty versatile too
Last edited by Guitar_vibrator at Oct 1, 2009,
Take a look at some of the Peavy amps on the market.....and as much crap as im gonna take from saying this.....Line 6 has pretty nice cleans, and very versatile with the built in effects....
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Ebony)
Ibanez RR250
Squire Strat

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Line 6 Spider III 15

Boss DD-20
Boss OS-2
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
i have a marshall MGms2, its a mini-stack and very nice. Of course that's my opinion, you should probablly test it out for yourself with your guitar,(most stores should let you do this)
Quote by Casterillo
i have a marshall MGms2, its a mini-stack and very nice. Of course that's my opinion, you should probablly test it out for yourself with your guitar,(most stores should let you do this)

i dont know about this mini stack... but stay away from all MGs
try a used line 6 vetta, flextone, or spider valve.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
30 watt Solid State will stuggle to match up against a drummer, imo. 30 watt valve will easily, on the other hand. But you'll struggle to find one you'll be happy with for all genres at that price, even on the used market. There might be a Laney AOR or something like that, but I haven't tried them.

What kind of metal are we talking about? The Vox AD50VT will suffice either way.

Valvetronix
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT-50-watt-combo-amp_W0QQitemZ280403610427QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item41495b8b3b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Maybe a line 6 Flextone III from ebay or craigslist, if you can find one.

Maybe a Peavey Valveking
add $49 to your budget and get a B-52.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ