I bought a pack of ernie bal Regular slinky strings for my strat,i play mostly Alice in chains,and stings 10 thru 46 was recommended,and i put on all the strings then tuned al except the high E (smallest string) and i tuned it up to standard and it broke!
i used a chromatic tuner too,anyone else have problems with Reuglar slinky strings
Never had that problem before and I've been using them strings since I started playing guitar (about three years ago). Maybe you just happen to get one bad string!
Never had that problem using Ernie Balls for 4 years.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Gotta stretch those things. As for cheap strings, I prefer boomers, the ridiculously thick zakk wylde sets. Even though I can't stand him.
Make sure you're set up for it man, I play in tunings like FACGCE, DADAC#E, and E major, so I actually tune up.
Quote by Just_Matt
Atta boy! *pats makefunoflucky and heads towards the rear...*
I use Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies too, but never, ever broke one. I actually never broke any string in 3 years, and I have four guitars.

Did you stretch them? It's very important.
I tune half way, give the strings like 5 minutes then tune the rest of the way, leave for a while longer, and then correct the tuning until it stays. The time in between allows the strings to stretch out.
I have used EB strings since the early 80's and have had not a single problem with them. Count me in as another vote for operator error.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Last edited by Bhaok at Oct 1, 2009,
Happened to me when I was putting super slinky's on my brand new Strat, fresh from the store. Nothing worse than having to wait 24 hours to play the guitar (properly) cause a damn string broke.
Sh*t happens, man.

Any brand of strings is going to occasionally, very rarely, drop the ball and QC might let one slide in.

That said, more often than not, it's a burr on the saddle or binding in the nut.

But complaining to us will get you nowhere.

Complaining to Ernie Ball will at least get you a free pack of strings!
Quote by eyeplayguitar
Happened to me when I was putting super slinky's on my brand new Strat, fresh from the store. Nothing worse than having to wait 24 hours to play the guitar (properly) cause a damn string broke.

i hear ya man
got it like 3 or 4 times, (in a 9 year span), went to Rotosound and they never snap, and sound better, and seem to last longer.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Yeah, that always happens to me.

I noticed that the Ernie Balls 10-46s in Singapore tend to ship with an extra 10s these days. Probably indicative that they've been receiving a lot of feedback on snapping 10s.

It's been happening a lot these past 2 years.

On a side note, I've never had a string snap on me since I switched over to Auroras.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty

I noticed that the Ernie Balls 10-46s in Singapore tend to ship with an extra 10s these days. Probably indicative that they've been receiving a lot of feedback on snapping 10s.

Or it saves you buying an entire new pack just because one (very thin) string has snapped?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Or it saves you buying an entire new pack just because one (very thin) string has snapped?

What I mean was that this extra string in a pack has only started appearing in the past 2 years... which was somewhere when I found that EB's 10s snapped really easily.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Rutch
Sh*t happens, man.

Any brand of strings is going to occasionally, very rarely, drop the ball and QC might let one slide in.

That said, more often than not, it's a burr on the saddle or binding in the nut.

But complaining to us will get you nowhere.

Complaining to Ernie Ball will at least get you a free pack of strings!

This man speaks truff
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
i think tie wrap is the key.
btw Rotosound comes with extra first strings too. what say you?
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Skulltair/pictures/gear/705873/
If this waht you were restringing I almost bet anything its the saddle and not the string. Cheap Fender saddles are notorious for having burrs and breaking strings. Buy these and never have to worry about it again:
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Graph-Tech-String-Saver-Saddle-Import-Set?sku=305101&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26022008
ive had nothing but problems with EB too, i switched to dadderio in 1998 and ive never broken a string since, the dunlop strings are great too i use those on my floyds
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.