Are they any good?
I am newish to playing the electric guitar.
I was looking at the Rubber Red version

Pros/Cons?

Thanks
Last edited by ChrissyCorrigan at Oct 1, 2009,
it is a decent guitar, the only real problems are that the tremelo is not the best in the world and many people dislike the wizard neck, apart from those it is a very good guitar
I'm not an owner, but I would say this.

The Ibanez RG series are just not 'me' in terms of guitars of choice but I have played a few out of the range and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. While I would never buy one myself I quickly realised that they were well made, tonally good, very playable guitars. I also liked the neck.

Definitely go to your store and try them out.
I have heard alot of people have problems with the bridge of this guitar.

Apparently you have to cut the balls off the strings to re-string it? Well so says this article I was on earlier.
Trems fine if you can set it up, guitars good but wont have anything on the Prestige models. The trems made of cheaper metals so you'll have to swap it out eventually but an original floyd is a direct drop in, pickups are average but there easily changed.

Overall a good, playable guitar. Since your newish i reccomend a fixed bridge though.
Rhythm In Jump. Dancing Close To You
Thats wierd haha, I was JUST watching that on youtube.
Seems that people dissagree that its a good guitar. Hmm, I'll check that out.
I have one as my main Axe and I love it.

Love the thin neck, the tremelo some bitch about but personally I had never had an issue with it. PU's are ok for stock ones.

But if you are new to guitar I would rec a RG with a fixed bridge....maybe a RG120 and then if you keep at the guitar and want to learn and tackle the floating trems then upgrade to soemthing else like the RG370DX.

Are they the best guitar ever? No

Are they great for their price? Yes

Would I buy another if mine were stolen? Hell yea!!!
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by srob7001 at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by srob7001
I have one as my main Axe and I love it.

Love the thin neck, the tremelo some bitch about but personally I had never had an issue with it. PU's are ok for stock ones.

But if you are new to guitar I would rec a RG with a fixed bridge....maybe a RG120 and then if you keep at the guitar and want to learn and tackle the floating trems then upgrade to soemthing else like the RG370DX.

Are they the best guitar ever? No

Are they great for their price? Yes

Would I buy another if mine were stolen? Hell yea!!!

+1

the edge 3 trem is fine aslong as you maintain it properly.
I have the lefty one ( rg370dxl) and i love the neck. Haven't had problems with the trem yet.
I got the rg350 which is basically the same apart from a pickguard. I love this thing to bits :p
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!