do me a favor. go download the boss ns-2 manual and show us all just where the fvck it talks about an "x pattern."
it doesnt say about the "x pattern" but it works REALLY well,i have a peavey 6505+ and it gets rid of ALL preamp and fuzzy ****, quiet as
Guitar->OD->NS2 In->NS2 Send->Amp input

Amp fx send->Modulation effects->NS2 return->NS2 out->Amp fx return

Give that a go.. Thats they way I run mine and it works out great. Using it in the X pattern is the only reason I keep mine around.

And manuals never list every little thing the product can be used for. Especially with guitar gear...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Guitar->OD->NS2 In->NS2 Send->Amp input

Amp fx send->Modulation effects->NS2 return->NS2 out->Amp fx return

Give that a go.. Thats they way I run mine and it works out great. Using it in the X pattern is the only reason I keep mine around.

And manuals never list every little thing the product can be used for. Especially with guitar gear...

cheers mate, ill give that a whirl tomorrow, thanks for your help
Quote by GrisKy

do me a favor. go download the boss ns-2 manual and show us all just where the fvck it talks about an "x pattern."
i wish you guys could see what's happening to your signal.

right back atcha'
your delay should be out of the NS-2 loop. As well as reverb.

In my loop I have: BOSS tuner, MXR 6band EQ, Fuzz Factory, Micro POG, Babyface tremolo, MXR chorus.
Out of my loop I have: Vox Wah, MXR delay, Mallekko reverb, volume pedal

I guess it's really user preference, but I find that I like my effects that have trailing tones (delay & reverb) to trail off. The NS-2 threshold can be lowered but then you'll reintroduce the pedals you want trimmed. Play around with the ordering of things in order to find what you want reduced and what is left alone.

As far as this X configuration, I've never tried it. I stuck with what the manual told me to do, and I've had smashing success with it.
Quote by GrisKy

right back atcha'

All noise gates are gonna suck a little of your tone no matter how you have it set...yes, even the beloved Decimator. The X pattern setup is still probably one of the best uses of the NS-2 and Boss didnt even figure it out. It allows you to kill noise at both sources, while still allowing you to retain a strong signal, with minimal tone suck

No one in the audience at 110+ decibels is going to notice a little tone suck. They WILL notice awful feedback
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by GrisKy

right back atcha'

The key to this is owning the NS2 in the first place.

If you own a NS2, the last thing on your mind is whats happening to my signal path.

But if you are worried about your signal path and you own a NS2 then you are probably tone deaf in the first place.

Its as simple as that.. Cheap, easy and effective for killing noise. If we could get a Prorack G for $50 everyone would have one in there rig don't you think?
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Oct 1, 2009,