Hey all

As said, I'm pretty damn new to the whole 'practising' aspect and really want to do it properly - I've been going through this thread of Freepower's: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1091796, and I'm up to 4.3 - everything prior to that I can do. I'm attempting to get the first 11notes of the second legato run cleanly and comfortably:

E||----------------------------------------------||
B||----------------------------------------------||
G||----------------------------------------------||
D||----------------------------------------------||
A||--------2-3-5-3-2/3-5-7-------2-3-5-3-2/3-5-7-||
E||--2-3-5-----------------2-3-5-----------------||

I have it at about 45bpm right now but I've started getting pains in the back of my wrist and on the muscle inbetween the thumb and index finger, just like an ache.
I understand it's to do with my posture but I really don't know what to try differently - am I holding the frets down too hard possibly?

Anyway cheers guys - I look to be spending more time in this forum whilst I improve my playing ability

all.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Oct 1, 2009,
Yes, it sounds like you are holding the notes down too hard.

You really don't need that much force to play the notes. More importantly, you should be hitting the notes just by the frets, and the strength should come from your fingers- not from moving your arm/wrist.

Accuracy over strength.
Alright, I'll give that a go - Must just be a habit I guess.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia