Hey UG-community

what effect pedals use kirk for his solos in Master of Puppets??

Or do you know about these alternate ?

mfg

nSa
None that I know of for master of puppets.

He does use his Floyd Rose tremolo bar though.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
not many effects per se....oh besides his rack cry baby, but he doesnt use it that much
Quote by Mr3000
not many effects per se....oh besides his rack cry baby, but he doesnt use it that much

none, i think,

he does some pinch harmonics and uses the whammy bar
i scream for ice cream
I've actually heard that the high note that sound like a harmonic or whammybar pull, was infact the string slipping of the fretboard and somehow making a harmonic or contact with one of the pickups. Hence, the reason that he'd never been able to properly reproduce it again.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by SinnaSatan
I've actually heard that the high note that sound like a harmonic or whammybar pull, was infact the string slipping of the fretboard and somehow making a harmonic or contact with one of the pickups. Hence, the reason that he'd never been able to properly reproduce it again.

That sound was a string snapping I have read.
Quote by SinnaSatan

This.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by Nothingface
That sound was a string snapping I have read.
Maybe that.. Been a looong time since I read anything about it, I may be mistaken
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
From the GW interview.....
http://www.guitarworld.com/primecuts_metallica?page=0%2C2

"Well, what happened was, I had accidentally pulled the string off the fretboard! You know how you take an E string, you pull it down toward the floor away from the neck? I accidentally pulled down on the string, and it fretted out on the side of the fretboard. We heard it back, and I was like, ‘That’s brilliant! We’ve gotta keep that!’ Of course, I’ve never been able to reproduce that since"

This is a great read btw.

The first page of the article...
http://www.guitarworld.com/primecuts_metallica?page=0%2C0
Last edited by 667 at Oct 1, 2009,
My memory seems to serve me well
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
I believe that the string slipped off the fretboard, and sort of caught for a sec.

Anyway, no effects. Just a pile of Mesa Boogie MKIII's.

Edit: I don't know if these are from Puppets or Justice, but if you can decipher these notes, be my guest!

Last edited by Rutch at Oct 1, 2009,
^ Doesn't look that hard to me.
Top left is how it's mixed - double tracked with an SM57, the numbers show the levels by the looks of it. Middle is B&K - I assume this stands for Bass & kit - top right is the valves, I don;t know about that purely because I don't know how they're set up/can be changed

Middle is the standard EQ for the MkIV with the 5 band EQ as well, as is the EQ underneath it except for different passages. Could probably figure out the rest if I looked and thought a bit more.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by 667

"Well, what happened was, I had accidentally pulled the string off the fretboard! You know how you take an E string, you pull it down toward the floor away from the neck? I accidentally pulled down on the string, and it fretted out on the side of the fretboard. We heard it back, and I was like, ‘That’s brilliant! We’ve gotta keep that!’ Of course, I’ve never been able to reproduce that since"

Fair enough. I do recall another instance where he spoke about snapping a string though.
a tubescreamer ts9 for solo boost and a crybaby wah, the new kirk hammett crybaby rocks i own it.
i use this stuff and i get his sound pretty easily:
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
^ Nice rig, dude! Skulls optional?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by The_Bosstone
I laughed a bit at the "Eat Shit Fag" on the Mesa.

I like the hot blonde on the biker magazine, with that awesome '80s feathered hair...

Also, I need a pair of shorts that short!
Quote by Nothingface
Fair enough. I do recall another instance where he spoke about snapping a string though.

You might be thinking of Herman Li snapping a string in Through the Fire and Flames.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Mr3000
is the KH craybaby any good?

lets put it this way, i got rid of my wylde crybaby and my craybaby from hell when i got my kh95.
try one for yourself, its that good imho
Gear:
Quote by 667

One of the best interviews they ever did. I like how he views vintage gear, too.

And no effects.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
^ Nice rig, dude! Skulls optional?

thanks!
and you can always put some barbies or something on there instead
Gear: