It has always been my understanding that BC Rich Guitars were sub-par. Recently however I have been seeing a lot of people talking about a few of their models, and seen some videos on youtube with people playing BC Richs that sounded very good.

So, clarification on this?

If I were to look at one to buy I think I like the look of The Exotic Classic Mockingbird, or the Exotic Classic Bich. Does anyone have one or know about their quality and sound?

BC Richs in general?

Thanks.

- Justin
I dont see anything bad in BC riches. They have heavy sound for death metal etc. and they look damn brutal.
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
It is the cheap beginner models that are bad... just like any other cheap beginner model from any other company. I´m sure a fair bit of people bash BC Rich because of their silly shapes and appeal to the young teenage metal crowd.
NJ series and higher models are pretty darn good instruments.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by Vlasco
It is the cheap beginner models that are bad... just like any other cheap beginner model from any other company. I´m sure a fair bit of people bash BC Rich because of their silly shapes and appeal to the young teenage metal crowd.

+ 1

I think a lot of B.C. Rich bashing just comes from people who grab one of their cheap guitars at a Guitar Center, play it, and instantly decide that the entire brand is horrible.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
The Exotic series are supposed to be good as far I know.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I was gonna pick up a Warlock but man was it heavy.

Jackson Dinky's for life.
Both of the one's your looking at are great guitars.Neck through design with kick ass rockfield pickups make this a real winner in my book.I don't have one but a buddy of mine does and quality is very good.It has great clean tones and will play metal just aswell.I say get one or test one out you will be very happy with it's versatility and build quality.Look into one for sure.
Guitars
08 Schecter C-1 Lefty
06 Epiphone LP Standard Lefty
90 Dean ml custom Lefty
84 Kramer Beretta lefty

Marshall Vs 100h
Crate Blue Voodoo 120h
Marshall 1960a cab
Boss Me70
I quite liked the Exotic Classics; a little less ostentatious than most BC Riches, with a decent sound and feel. They weren't my favorite guitars ever, particularly not within that general price bracket, but they certainly weren't bad per se (there wasn't anything that I would have had a real problem with) and if I wanted a guitar that looked that way (which, I have to admit, I sometimes do) I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I had the money. If you want it, you can afford it and you're sure you won't simply grow out of it, either one's a good choice. Pickups might do with replacing, stock hardware might too, but isn't that the case with any stock guitar, ultra high-end notwithstanding?
Basically, Bronze is the worst "budget" series of any guitar company. But once you get past that, B.C. Rich makes damn good instruments.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10