Is there anyway I can get a bursary to buy an electric guitar. I cant afford one, but I really want for my band!

I just want a cheap telecaster really, probably squier.

Any Ideas?
get a job, pay for it yourself?
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
there is a set up in the uk that most uk stores signed upto, Dawsons is one of them, where you pay 10% of the value of the guitar per month, so if you want a £400 guitar you pay £40 per month. (i sold a epi sg for that a couple of months back) so look at the 2nd hand market (cash generator, cash converters or similar pawn shops)

the scheme i`m talking about is called - take it away, and has a minimum purchase value of £200 so a payment of £20 per month is the minimum payment you are looking at, anyway a link.

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/Finance_Information_about_the_Take_it_Away_Scheme.html

* i have no connections to dawsons and am just aware of the scheme `cos of the junk mail they send out. and it`s supported by the arts council of GB.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Oct 1, 2009,
I've literally applied for every job I can find to no avail. I'm in college too which doesnt help.
You don't have any money, so your plan is to borrow money you can't pay back to buy a guitar?

If you can't afford it, and you can't find a job, I think you have more pressing issues than buying a guitar. I'm all for stretching budgets for instruments, but if you don't have any income I'd say you either need to sell some of your stuff or keep looking for a job.
Protip: The current economic crisis is screwed because so many people got in debt and didn't/couldn't get out.
In other words, get the money, then by it. It won't be the end of the world if you don't have it by your next gig.
Quote by Saamon
I've literally applied for every job I can find to no avail. I'm in college too which doesnt help.

sainsbury`s, tesco, asda and morrissons (uk supermarkets are after peeps), i`ve had a look in my local paper and found loads of bar jobs (glass collecting if you are under 18), local councils want litter pickers all the time - sometimes you`ve just got to do any job to get the cash.

there are jobs out there not all are advertised.

print off a shed load of CVs and put on a shirt and tie and go knocking on company doors.
To clarify:
A bursary is a like a grant or scholarship.

I believe TS is talking about the equivalent of someone stateside getting a grant or endowment from a performing arts foundation or the Guv.

I'm no expert on the UK's government arts programs, but I'm thinking not so likely...

I agree with the sentiments to find some means of employment.
Yeah thats fair enough.
But it's easy enough saying "Get a job", but when no one will employ you or even give you an interview, its not so easy.
^Uh. Keep trying, **** is hard right now, but there -are- jobs out there. Make a CV, write covering letters (Shows your interest, better than just handing over a CV and walking off), and keep going.
how come i`ve had over 30 interviews and 3 job offers in the last 3 weeks, register with agencies you won`t need a interview but make yourself presentable when you go, if you`ve got long hair and dress like a goth/metalhead/rocker in your street clothes no-one will employ you, if you smoke(make sure you don`t smell of tobacco by not smoking, tidy yourself up, get a smart haircut look professional as i said earlier there are loads of jobs outthere especially for students.
Quote by Saamon
But it's easy enough saying "Get a job", but when no one will employ you or even give you an interview, its not so easy.

Any reason for this?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera