Page 1 of 4
Have any of you struggled with a legitimate addiction at any point throughout your lives? It can be anything: drugs, food, sex, etc.
What are you/have you been addicted to? Did you overcome it?

I didn't see a thread that was similar to this in the search bar, but redirect me to one if it has been done before. I'll put down my addictions once I see if this thread has been done before or not.

*Edit*:

When I was younger I injured my knee which led to multiple knee surgeries and a lot of painkillers. This developed into a 5 year addiction to OxyContin. At the highest I was snorting about 80-100 mg a day, equal to about 16-20 percocets. I ended up spending thousands of dollars, and eventually dropping out of college to enter a rehab program. I have been clean for 3 years now and am back in college.

Also, I smoke cigs, trying to quit. Thinking about trying that electronic ciggarette? haha
Last edited by TheWaydown at Oct 1, 2009,
Hi, I'm Cas and I'm an alcoholic.

*Waits for other people that are sitting in the same circle to say "Hi Cas"*
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Last edited by The_Casinator at Oct 1, 2009,
Well i was a smoker for about a year, number of cigs per day never usually exceeded 10 unless i was having a drink, in which case it would have probably gone up to about 15 or so, but i think my life became less stressful but i became more busy, if that makes any sense, so my mind was taken off of the things that caused me stress.

I do still smoke when i am drunk, but i think its out of habit and my self control alters when i drink, but i can honestly say that on a normal day, no drink involved, i have no desire to smoke a cigarette at all, which is good because its quite an expensive habit, and if i had a long day at college or something and was out of cigarettes, it made it hard to concerntrate and was just like a thirst that had to be quenched.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by The_Casinator
Hi, I'm Cas and I'm an alcoholic.

*Waits for other people that are sitting in the same cirkle to say "Hi Cas"*

Hi Cas.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Bebo, I was addicted to that thing for a good year

Thank goodness I seen the error of my ways
fapping

I'm serious
please don't tell my mum

They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by spinal_remains
chaos.

Megadeth FTW
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Hanson are musical legends.

You watch your god damn mouth when talking about them.

Quote by TheQuailman

I mean, look at me. Can't even get an erection unless I strangle a goat.

It's Time To Be Immortal Cause Heros Never Die!
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Die Cas *stabs*

Hey, you're not supposed to go to alcoholic convetions, you have to stay in the psychopath-therapy wing!
Last edited by The_Casinator at Oct 1, 2009,
I would say the only addiction I've had was caffiene, which I break at the end of every summer because I stop getting free soda and coffee.

A few months ago I really liked adderall(not to the point of a habit even, but I did go on a little binge)... not a problem anymore, I guess you could say I like my stimulants?
Coke as in the drink. I know, Hardcore!
But yeah, I can drink litres of the stuff given a chance
Hi Cas.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Caffeine,Nicotine.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
This thread is now about me.
You know, I had a great poop yesterday!

No seriously, continue people.
i cant believe no one has said it yet, maybe im just an uber nerd, but world of warcraft, and cigarettes, sometimes at the same time.
im the drunkest burning star
pepsi
because its awesome
and my face, as it is also awesome
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Cocaine and heroin, on and off for two years. I just drink a bit now. And I'll hit some cough syrup sometimes. purple drank.

edit: Damn, I think TS and I are the only ones yet with hard drug addictions.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Oct 1, 2009,
About 3 years ago I had a pretty nasty addiction to World of Warcraft. It was summer and I would wake up at 9:00 and get on my computer, play the game until 4:00 in the morning, then do the same thing again the next day. Whenever family bothered me I got extremely pissy, and I never did anything else.

I look back and don't know why I was addicted like that. I would like to say its just because I had nothing better to do, but thats a lie. In truth I don't really know why I got addicted. I still play the game but only get on for a few hours a week, if I get on at all.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
I used to be addicted to the Pit. But that was when I had nothing to do all day. And I've been addicted to caffeine for the last 4 years, I've actually developed a physical dependence
🙈 🙉 🙊
Masturbation.

Go on. Try going 2 weeks without it.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I used to be obsessed with Dr.Pepper. I'd have at least a bottle a day, I guess it was probably the sugar and caffeine, but I managed to give it up a few months ago. My body and teeth will hopefully thank me for it.
just caffeine for me
experiencing withdrawals atm because i ran out of coffee, then ran out of milk to put in my tea. and i'm too lazy to go to morrisons.

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']edit: Damn, I think TS and I are the only ones yet with hard drug addictions.
this is the pit, lol
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by korinaflyingv

this is the pit, lol

Not to mock any of you, of course. Addiction is addiction, and I hope the best for anyone suffering one or having conquered one.
Quote by ilovepepsi
pepsi
because its awesome
and my face, as it is also awesome

This.

I'm hooked on both Pepsi and ilovepepsi's face
Say hi

Playing: Sleeping Dogs, FIFA 13, Guild Wars 2, Borderlands 2
Reading: The Hobbit

Watching: How I met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, 24

Listening: Muse - The 2nd Law
Page 1 of 4