Well i finished up "My New Gear Weekend" Finally! The stuff i orders last friday made it here yesterday......Thanx for the timely overnite package Musicians Friend I finished the Strat lastnite.
The parts

Dropping the Kids off at the pool

Time for the Dremel.

Finished up...........

New gear weekend finished......Before and after.

sweet.

nice budda.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Single-coil EMG's are really great sounding. They don't suit every style of music, but the processed quality is actually quite admirable.

The pickguard is gorgeous. You can't beat black against chrome.

Congratulations.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Awesome!

You're guitar looks like mine, minus the OFR and EMGs. We need some clipzorz dude.

HNGD

Hey Thanx guy's.............I'm gonna try to sell the XXX and get something to get some Quality clips up. It's gonna be tough to let that Amp go I just put New Tung-sols in it and it sound Great and is Perfect condition not a mark on it. And I'm a hell of alot better at acquring Gear than making clips This is the 2nd Mim I've had with these pickup's....And It's really how i ended up with the Les Paul. I had a Sweet playin Mim and traded it and an amp for a 1996 MIA Strat And the XXX. And to be honest the Fit and Finish is better on the MIA But overall it wasn't That much better than the MiM i traded. And with the pickups i added didn't really sound any better. And That started a chain of event's that ended in the "New Gear Weekend" and all the Stars were lined up because i got 3 pretty damn good deals!

If you would have Seen that Les Paul the day i picked it up you woulda been like WTF it was nasty filthy!
Quote by AngryGoldfish
^ what are you confused about?

Thanx guy's..........i don't know why that's there........i quoted 311??? Gonna go hook both amps and see how they mix........would for sure be an excuse to put some el34's in the XXX........It getting tougher to get rid of.

I'm so jealous of your gear, I was like when I saw your XXX combo, I've been wanting one of those for a while now. How much are you trying to get rid of it for?

A bit more on topic, Blackout strats FTW! HNGD!

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Thanx ............I don't think i really want to let it go. They sound Damn good together!! Can you EL34 matched set
D-Tuna Question.

the D-TUna can tune an FR guitar from EBGDAE to DBGDAE right?

so can it tune an FR Guitar from D-G-C-F-A-D to C-G-C-F-A-D?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Never tried but should work it's just accounting for a whole step up or down.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
D-Tuna Question.

the D-TUna can tune an FR guitar from EBGDAE to EBGDAD right?

so can it tune an FR Guitar from D-G-C-F-A-D to C-G-C-F-A-D?

Fixed. unless you have your guitar tuned low to high- EBGDAE.
it'll just drop whatever string you set it up for to go a step down. it doesn't have to be your 6th string i believe, but it's what you worry about retuning the most, so thats why it's called the D-tuna.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Thanx Guy's Sold the XXX tonite..............More $$ towards the Turbo for my bike
Hngd!
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Wow, way to make great **** even better. Very nice gear.

How bout that D-tuna?

Sold the XXX?

More gear to follow...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 2, 2009,
Mmm...strat...with floyd rose...

HNGD!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by gregs1020
Wow, way to make great **** even better. Very nice gear.

How bout that D-tuna?

Sold the XXX?

More gear to follow...

Thanx Guy's.................The D-Tuna works as advertised!! But i did have to use the Dremel and make some clearence on the bottom side other than that it's a 10 min install.

Just when i decided to keep the XXX........good ole cash walks thru the door. I really want to do a turbo on my motorcycle. But i'm still Looking for a good fuzz pedal and i've got some really nice trade Bait.
nice!

how do you like the budda? I really want one after hearing davy knowles play one

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
The Budda is F_ckin Awesome!!! It's like getting new Effects pedals just an Awesome Amp!
The Fender is MiM and it's a LIC Floyd But it's a Dead on copy of the floyd on the EVH Frankenstien Strat.........HMMMMM wonder if Fender borrowed the design? The stock pickup's are Ok. But the guitar plays Great and with The EMG's sounds Pretty damn good!

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN1144700
Hey mmjohn, I want to do a similar build, but for those pickups, they're relatively easy to install right, as long as they aren't active and I'd have to find a place to put the battery, I think I'd be okay.

Nice gear btw.
Quote by thrasher.
Hey mmjohn, I want to do a similar build, but for those pickups, they're relatively easy to install right, as long as they aren't active and I'd have to find a place to put the battery, I think I'd be okay.

Nice gear btw.

Very easy install.........no soldering. They are active but the battery fit's tight under the tone pots with room to spare.
All The Floyd equipt Strats i know of are all divebombers........
Quote by mmjohn
Very easy install.........no soldering. They are active but the battery fit's tight under the tone pots with room to spare.
The only Floyd equipt Strats i know of are all divebombers........

Okay, so where do you connect everything and how so if there isn't soldering involved?
You just replace the input Jack provided in the kit and hook up the 3 connecters.
That looks so awesome. I didn't even know that emg made singlecoils. You learn new things every day. Happy new gear day! Just looks so awesome.
Thanx guy's!!!