So i want to play cello sounds in my band. I was going to buy a cello when i saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwVMgqUPksU violin with octave pedal.

It would be easier to transport a violin but how long would it take to play basic notes? Nothing complicated just long drones for backing.

Which would be best?
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
You mean you want to take it up or just use some sounds?

If the latter, just sample it.

this, though i'd go with the violin. it's fun to play, though i suck at it.
Intonation is closer together on violin(obviously) so you may find that harder than cello for intonation.

Then again if you are just using it for long backing notes then it doesn't pose that much of a problem i guess, you'll just chalk the lines on.

EDIT; A violin an octave down (electric violin i assume) would be tuned to a viola range. Just sample it. No point buying a POS string instrument...ever.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Oct 1, 2009,
Viola with an octave.

....wat
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Intonation is closer together on violin(obviously) so you may find that harder than cello for intonation.

Then again if you are just using it for long backing notes then it doesn't pose that much of a problem i guess, you'll just chalk the lines on.

EDIT; A violin an octave down (electric violin i assume) would be tuned to a viola range. Just sample it. No point buying a POS string instrument...ever.

yeah i could sample it i guess but i would like to take both up at some point but in the meantime its just a few notes.