Page 1 of 3
ok, so today in my writing class we read this article on how the media influences women in all. Then afterward we discussed it. blah, blah, blah the usual......

Then during our discussion, some kid brought up something about feminism, then in response our teacher said "Feminism isn't bad, its not only for women. Men can be feminists if they want to..." nearly every guy in the class became confused at that point.

Apparently the actual definition of feminism is that "All men and women of all races are equal." so I guess when you think about it like that, yes men can be feminists.

what does the pit think of this?

I personally think that if they had a different word for it other than feminism, more people would be inclined to join.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
I personally think that if they had a different word for it other than feminism, more people would be inclined to join.

I personally think if people didn't automatically judge and mischaracterise movements by their names then people would be more inclined to join. And I am a man and a feminist.

Edit: The reason it's called 'feminism' is because women are still the sex that is discriminated against most in our society.
Last edited by Nietsche at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
ok, so today in my writing class we read this article on how the media influences women in all. Then afterward we discussed it. blah, blah, blah the usual......

Then during our discussion, some kid brought up something about feminism, then in response our teacher said "Feminism isn't bad, its not only for women. Men can be feminists if they want to..." nearly every guy in the class became confused at that point.

Apparently the actual definition of feminism is that "All men and women of all races are equal." so I guess when you think about it like that, yes men can be feminists.

what does the pit think of this?

They do. It's called egalitarianism. Although egalitarianism is accepting of all people, not just women. And it's a political doctrine (in this sense, the philosophy is different) than a political discourse, like feminism.
I don't care. I have no intrest in being equal to joe shmo or jane doe.

and yes the word "feminism" is a bit feminin.
Nothing exists there is no you, no me . . .
oh damn i better not link there.

good day to you gentlemen. *leaves thread*
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They do. It's called egalitarianism. Although egalitarianism is accepting of all people, not just women.

interesting. No one brought this up in class though
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They do. It's called egalitarianism. Although egalitarianism is accepting of all people, not just women. And it's a political doctrine (in this sense, the philosophy is different) than a political discourse, like feminism.

Well that's no good. Everyone knows children aren't real people. Their only purpose is to work the looms!
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Well that's no good. Everyone knows children aren't real people. Their only purpose is to work the looms!

Before the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, children had been described as "small animals" in court cases
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Before the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, children had been described as "small animals" in court cases

thats actually pretty funny, yet pretty accurate in some cases.

Quote by magnus_maximus
Aye, and turkeys voted for Christmas.

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRR
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
Quote by Deliriumbassist

We've fallen so far since those days.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Men cannot be feminists, if they realize they support the feminist movement their **** will immediately fall off, and they will grow breasts.
Quote by ChangeMyName
Men cannot be feminists, if they realize they support the feminist movement their **** will immediately fall off, and they will grow breasts.

You best be trollin.
Quote by ChangeMyName

Wow you're cool.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I thought it was pretty obvious, how could they possibly not be a feminist?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by kaptink

Change it to "disprove false sexual assault claims" and I'm on board. If there's one thing I hate about the U.S. legal system, it's how biased sexual assault charges are towards women.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Quote by RazorTheAwesome

You've presented this as though it's new information. I though this was commonly known now-a-days. I've been a feminist for years, not an outright, die hard feminist. I just support gender equality, and all equality now I think about it actually.
Quote by aaciseric
You've presented this as though it's new information. I though this was commonly known now-a-days. I've been a feminist for years, not an outright, die hard feminist. I just support gender equality, and all equality now I think about it actually.

well its just something I never knew, or really cared to know for that matter.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Jackal58
I think if you didn't realize that beforehand, you need to get out more.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
This is where I think the established definition goes against the reality of many people who call themselves feminists.

The focus isn't so much on equality, but more the advancement of women.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I'm a feminist, and have been for a while now. Although I haven't read any of the theory, but I read feminist blogs all the time.
Modern-day feminism is stupid. Admittedly, women are paid less in the workplace, but the feminists nowadays don't even address that.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
This is where I think the established definition goes against the reality of many people who call themselves feminists.

The focus isn't so much on equality, but more the advancement of women.

Well, I think the advancement of women is inherent to the process of making men and women equal, on account of society having been dominated by males for all of history. Women can't stay at a social status below that of men and be called equal, because that's not equal.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Well, I think the advancement of women is inherent to the process of making men and women equal, on account of society having been dominated by males for all of history. Women can't stay at a social status below that of men and be called equal, because that's not equal.

The modern-day feminist organizations focus more on false sexual assault claims by women and how chauvinist men are for holding open the door, rather than actual equality.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
Modern-day feminism is stupid. Admittedly, women are paid less in the workplace, but the feminists nowadays don't even address that.

Yes they do, just not as often as they used to.

Before you make big claims like that, try to back them up, a'ight?
When they're homosexual, sure!

Don't have anything against serious feminists but there are just so many hilariously stupid redneck women claiming to be feminists that give the serious ones a bad name.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by Wulphy
The modern-day feminist organizations focus more on false sexual assault claims by women and how chauvinist men are for holding open the door, rather than actual equality.

Is this based on actual fact or just bias drilled into you by the media?
Feminism is a vitally important movement that attempts to understand women's place in society and tackle its problems. If you think men and women have equal standing today i'd have to call you laughably simple, and yet still some men seem to think that women are in fact BETTER off than men. This is such an offensive view of the world it's hard to credit it.

We can all be and should be feminists. And none of this wishy wasy 'equality' ****e. Yes, the aim is equality but simply making a law whereby both have to be paid the same is not equality. Talking about 'equal opportunities' is just ideological trickery. I'm a feminist. I'm more feminist than a lot of women i'm friends with.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Nietsche
Is this based on actual fact or just bias drilled into you by the media?

Have you ever actually been to a feminist organization meeting, or are you just talking out of your ass?
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Men and women are very different and that is a scientific fact.

Quote by Wulphy

Pray tell, how much experience do you have with feminists?

Feminism is a vitally important movement that attempts to understand women's place in society and tackle its problems. If you think men and women have equal standing today i'd have to call you laughably simple, and yet still some men seem to think that women are in fact BETTER off than women. This is such an offensive view of the world it's hard to credit it.

We can all be and should be feminists. And none of this wishy wasy 'equality' ****e. Yes, the aim is equality but simply making a law whereby both have to be paid the same is not equality and giving everyone 'equal opportunities' is just ideological trickery. I'm a feminist. I'm more feminist than a lot of women i'm friends with.

Quote by Wulphy
Have you ever actually been to a feminist organization meeting, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Have you?

While it's true that feminists focus on rape these days, it's mainly because of the fact that the conviction rate for rape and sexual assault is ridiculously low. You can rape someone and most likely get away with it. Is that just?
Page 1 of 3