how can u track ur musical progress. as in how do you know when your at a certain level with your playing?
best suggestions for beginners is to get a cheap tape deck and record yourself every couple of weeks. at the end of 6 months/a year listen back to your first tapes then listen to your most current tapes. you WILL hear the difference. also, the tape doesn't lie. if you play it back and it sounds terrible its because you played it terrible. don't sweat it though, thats how you find out what you need to work on.
Quote by draeday
how can u track ur musical progress. as in how do you know when your at a certain level with your playing?

When you can play a piece of music that you've been working on and make it sound good..... you've leveled up.
shred is gaudy music
not yet mentioned... when you personally feel like you made improvement and you can hear a difference in your own playing. Although thats not necessarily "tracking" your progress so to speak. But it will happen, and you will notice when it does, it just takes time.
--Clips in profile! comment please!--
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter Solo-6 Limited
Takamine G330H

Amps
Line 6 Vetta
Carvin X100B

Pedals
cmatmods Signa Drive, Brownie, and Boost
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
MXR 10 band EQ
ok what i have noticed is that i play and strum some chord progressions really well but what i cant do is solo. so i wonder if being able to play chords is a good enough step from novice to intermediate
Quote by GuitarMunky
When you can play a piece of music that you've been working on and make it sound good..... you've leveled up.

i only need 10 more xp

i want to agree with your statement, the only problem is when you say "make it sound good" as we all know "good" is relative. i'd just say if you can make it sound better than you did before.
Is not better also relative?? :p
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

What I do is practice with a metronome so I always know where I stand. Cheers.

C Broderick.
Quote by z4twenny

i only need 10 more xp

i want to agree with your statement, the only problem is when you say "make it sound good" as we all know "good" is relative. i'd just say if you can make it sound better than you did before.

Well okay, if you want get pedantic, I can agree with that. That's obviously what I was saying anyway.
shred is gaudy music
^ i know what you meant, but i thought better me than the guy who posted the same thing right after but yeah
Quote by z4twenny
^ i know what you meant, but i thought better me than the guy who posted the same thing right after but yeah

it's all good. I gave the opportunity by wording it that way & half expected to be called out on it.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Oct 1, 2009,
Before i start any exersice, i mark the start date ,and i don,t change that date untill i,m satisfied on how i sound .