Hi,
so basically, I want to send an email to my French teacher to say I'll send her a task later because I'm pretty sick... (close to Swine Flu) So, is this anywhere near correct? If not, could you correct it for me?

Bonjour Mme Vandenborre,
Est-il possible de répousser ma remise de la tache des vacances solidaires, parce que je suis malade.
Meilleures salutations
(my name)

Thanks!
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Seems decent to me, but I speak Canadian French, not Formal French. You may also want to explain what your illness is (je suis malade avec la grippe H1N1)
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Thanks, I'll just send it like that, if she says it's wrong, I'll just say I was typing Canadian French :p
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page

I'd do "C'est possible de" Instead of "Est-il possible". But I think that is correct too.
Quote by poipoi
Hi,
so basically, I want to send an email to my French teacher to say I'll send her a task later because I'm pretty sick... (close to Swine Flu) So, is this anywhere near correct? If not, could you correct it for me?

Bonjour Mme Vandenborre,
Est-il possible de repousser ma remise de la tache des vacances solidaires, car je suis malade.
Meilleures salutations
(my name)

Thanks!

Corrections bolded. It was fine as you had it though, she might find it odd if you're typing in very good french.
Quote by webbtje
It's fairly average. Do yourself a favour and send it in English.

1. I'm Dutch (see location)
2. She bitches that emails sent to a teacher should be in the language they teach (here French)

I'll just send it like that... I'm not really good in French so I don't really care...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page

She wont be at school herself tomorrow, so you wouldn't have been able to hand it in anyway.
And its a pitty you missed all the experiments at school today, it was a nice change from the usual things.

How are btw? Any better already? You werent well for the first part of the week either as I saw.
Quote by webbtje
OK then. 'Scolaires', not 'solidaires'. Solidaire means solidary.

Well, it's about volunteering in the vacations, hence les vacations solidaires...

Umm, Toxc, you had to hand it in by sending it to her, not by printing it out (I think), btw it's too late now, it's sent.
btw, ng altijd ni echt veel beter, kga der morgn ook ni zijn, maar maandag ga ik trg zijn (hoop ik), en ja kvin et spijtig vn de gemiste experimenten.
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page

Last edited by poipoi at Oct 1, 2009,