Hi pit,
this monday im reciveing my new computer oarts, which include
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 Intel P35
Graphics card: GeForce 8800 GTS 512mb
Processer: Pentium Dual Core

but im wondering what kind of problems i could run into, i've only ever changed small peices before like hard drives and installed cards.

Also how will i know which power supply cable goes where, is it one size fits all, all does each different compenent have a different size power cable connection?

any advice will be appriciated
You are free to do what we tell you.
Just Google How To Build a PC. Gotta' be something there that will help.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
the problem I had building my computer was the cpu cooler, be careful to apply the cooling paste or however its called and set the cooler in the right direction. I think my cpu cooler is in the wrong direction but it's okay though :/
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Nice! I built my own computer as well, and I love it.

Most power supply cables are different, and each one will only fit into something it is supposed to fit into. Keep in mind, you will have excess cables, quite a few of them too. Just try to hide them as best you can so they don't block the air flow through the tower.

Make sure everything is seated properly, RAM and CPU fans can be a pain. And expect to
get a small cut on your finger or something, it's bound to happen.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
are you "building" a computer or just replacing the parts in one. Also each part requires a different power connector but the power supply comes with it. You should be able to figure out where to hookup each power cable and may still have some connectors unused.

motherboard power cable should look like this. although they are different sometimes.

feel free to pm me also if you have any questions. I have taken a class on computer upgrade and repair and I am building my own pc here soon.
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.
You bought a new computer?
You could have bought a decent guitar for the money you payed

* Marge, get ma shotgun!
I just researched my questions on tech forums. helped loads. i'd just google my question and somebody somewhere had already asked it on a forum. also to that motherboard power supply pic. many newer mother boards are 24 pins instead of the 20 pin shown there. if you have this make sure you get a power supply with a 20+4 connector. it has the 20 pin and then it will also have a 4 pin connecter for the last bit of the plug.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu