Emancipation? I tried googling info, but i need some specific answers, but all the sites ask for money in return.

I'm 16. I have the ability to live on my own, I can support myself, (job, housing, food) etc.

I'd finish school online.

The kicker is, I'm a ward of the state, my grandmother had custody of me, but she passed away and i live with my grandfather, who has no custody, and is the wife of my grandmother, (she isn't the biological grandmother, she got my mother when she was an infant).

If I can show i can be self sufficient, will they give me the emancipation?
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Just sail to another island, claiming that people are not respecting your religious beliefs. Then start a new nation and proclaim emancipation.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
get a lawyer? at least thats what happened in the simpsons...i think
why are you looking to be emanipated?
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by Karvid
Just sail to another island, claiming that people are not respecting your religious beliefs. Then start a new nation and proclaim emancipation.

icwatudidthar...
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
I'm looking for emancipation because I can't stand who I live with, and that I'd be better off without them and they'd be better off without me.

And if I could greatly benefit myself by finishing school online, at my own pace, probably having my next 2 years done in 1 year.

I'd also be able to work full time, and make a decent amount of money.

(My friends grandmother manages one of the adult arcades around here and you have to be 18 to work there, when I'm emancipated, I'm considered 18, by most regulations, and I'd be able to work there)
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Last edited by MattAnderson111 at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by MattAnderson111

(My friends grandmother manages one of the adult arcades around here and you have to be 18 to work there, when I'm emancipated, I'm considered 18, by most regulations, and I'd be able to work there)

I'm pretty sure that's not how that works
I'd like to start my life out of my house, It's not that I have problems, It'd just be in the best interest of me and the people I lived with.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
The court shall consider the petition and receive such evidence as it deems necessary to rule on the petition. If the court determines that removal of the disabilities of nonage is in the minor's best interest, it shall enter an order to that effect. An order removing the disabilities of nonage shall have the effect of giving the minor the status of an adult for purposes of all criminal and civil laws of the state, and shall authorize the minor thereafter to exercise all of the rights and responsibilities of persons who are 18 years of age or older.

It does work that way, I'm pretty sure.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
all i got from that is apparently your grandfather is a woman?
Quote by MattAnderson111
my grandfather, who has no custody, and is the wife of my grandmother

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
all i got from that is apparently your grandfather is a woman?

I'm sorry. Husband.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
I suggest you tell your grandfather to suck it, emancipate yourself, work at that arcade, and be at Wyatt's house every Saturday by 4:30 for band practice.
Aw damn. I thought this was going to be about slavery. I'm a history major and I've learned about that stuff in like 3 different classes.

Never mind.