Hey guys, i've just started studying King Lear for English A2, and i've been given an essay i'm unsure about, I've got to describe the Role of Lear in Act 1, Scene 1. So i'm completely confused, so I put it to you Pit. Any help would be awesome.
Cheers guys
Quote by MightyAl
Step 1 - Read King Lear
Step 2 - Complete assignment

+1
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Go on yahoo education, there is a synopsis page and a commentary at the bottom. It helped me through my first level year in sixth form. King Lear is a great play, you should enjoy it for what it is, and watch the film with Laurence olivia and the guy that plays ben harper in my family, it's pretty much a word by word play recorded and put on VHS and youtube. You get more of a sense of the emotions and passions involved
Quote by szekelymihai
Lear is the king. he has three daughters and wishes to give them their share if they want to get married. Something like that, im not from UK, i have never studied anything bout Sir Shakespeare but i've seen the play

It's Sir William.
Knights are always Sir + first name, never Sir + surname.
Quote by Hp312
Hey guys, i've just started studying King Lear for English A2, and i've been given an essay i'm unsure about, I've got to describe the Role of Lear in Act 1, Scene 1. So i'm completely confused, so I put it to you Pit. Any help would be awesome.
Cheers guys

haha i did king lear in A2 as well.

his role is technically king, but he's getting too old so he needs to divide the kingdom into 3 for his daughters, but two of them are bitches, and he does that stupid love-test or whatever.

yea i can't remember it that well...

edit: you could say that lear is the hamartia/huberus catylist which begins the downward tragic spiral, as his pride/his love-test is what sets his daughters against him.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Last edited by Gregoric at Oct 1, 2009,