I'm looking for a new amp (budget $1000ish) and two of them i'm looking at are the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and possibly a used twin reverb silverface. I have no way of trying out the twin but a lot of bands I like use them. I also don't know if i really need all the wattage since I'm not gigging at the moment.

I play indie/dream pop/shoegaze so I'd like something with good cleans and that takes pedals well.

Any advice on the two or other recommendations?
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Quote by halloweenhead
I'm looking for a new amp (budget $1000ish) and two of them i'm looking at are the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and possibly a used twin reverb silverface. I have no way of trying out the twin but a lot of bands I like use them. I also don't know if i really need all the wattage since I'm not gigging at the moment.

I play indie/dream pop/shoegaze so I'd like something with good cleans and that takes pedals well.

Any advice on the two or other recommendations?

First could you explain what 'dream pop' and 'shoegaze' are?
I hate my sig
^ If you don't know what they are, don't post.

I would definitely reccomend both those Fenders, but also consider Vox AC30s/15s. Kevin Shields uses Marshall JCM800s IIRC with MANY dirt pedals. I dunno, there are tons of options for shoegaze and indie. I think your best bet would be picking up a Hot Rod Deluxe with a reverb, delay, and some distortion.

Also, check out the Gear for Post-Rock thread. A lot of people there can help you better than I can, since most of us play forms of experimental.
I concur. A Vox AC15/30 or Fender Hot Rod Deluxe--with pedals--is your best bet.

An Orange Rocker is also something to look into. They're great blues-hard rock amps.

Maybe a Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern. They're relatively new models, but the KT66 valves really give it depth, and rids them of a lot of that brittle high-end that is reminiscent of Marshall amps.

The Koch Studiotone II is a very nice little amp. Not quite your standard tone--it's certianly unique--but it's nice.

Maybe those Egnator Rebel 30's are worth looking into. I've heard a lot of folks praise them.

Traynor YCV40 Custom Blue

Peavey Classic 30

Laney VC 30 or LC 30

Laney Lionheart--I haven't played it, mind you.

Ampeg J-20

Marshall DSL