Page 1 of 4
Thought it would be cool to see what other Gibson owners use.
Let us know the spec!
standard 76 reissue ebony explorer, plays like a dream (on speed :d)
Höhner llx100g
Gibson explorer
crappy stagg acoustic
Roland dac80d
marshall jcm 900 sl-x 2500
marshall 1960A
ehx metal-muff
jimmy hendrix wah
Proud owner of 2 lovely Gibsons.
Well, not really, one is a present so its mine, other is technically owned by my dad (doesnt play guitar).

Les Paul Studio - Wine Red, 1993
Mahogany Set Neck, everything is stock. Previously owned by the guitarist of Simply Red!... METULZ!

SG GT - Muscle Green with the 'go faster' stripes 2005? I don't remember.
Everything is stock, plays lovely, slight grounding issues though, damn you crappy QC!

Custom Shop 1959 VOS Reissue Les Paul, in Iced Tea burst.

Yeah you can all go cry in a corner now.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
2003 Explorer with a fancy pickguard i made, and a 2006 Les Paul Standard Premium Plus.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
i've got a 2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard in Iced Tea
and a 2006 Gibson EDS-1275 in Heritage Cherry

i also HAD J-45 acoustic, but i sold it.

Quote by MrFlibble
Custom Shop 1959 VOS Reissue Les Paul, in Iced Tea burst.

Yeah you can all go cry in a corner now.

ahem... custom shop Gibson EDS-1275 double neck, heritage cherry. pics to prove it to.... you can have my spot in the corner if you'd like.

mmmm i'll bet you'd like one of those bad boys huh?

EDIT: WOAH. sorry, didn't know my camera's pics were that big
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by burnboy85
Modified 1959 Les Paul JR

You...modified...a vintage guitar from 1959? You sick, twisted man. What'd you do to it anyway?

I'm planning to own a Gibson ES-335 or Les Paul of some sort(Likely a Standard or a Traditional) sometime next summer, does that count?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by burnboy85
Oh yah MR Flibble?
I'll take the '59 Jr, not keen on the others though.
What did you do to the Junior? Just updated it/fixed broken stuff or is it a proper heavy mod job?

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

mmmm i'll bet you'd like one of those bad boys huh?
Actually they're one of my most hated guitars, so no dice! I just don't like double necks with the 12 string on top, I need it on the bottom, and I've just never liked the red finish on double neck SGs, I prefer the white versions.

I actually would pay through the nose for a white SG double neck with the neck order reversed, but they've never made any, unfortunately. I'm looking into making a Warmoth double neck Strat/Tele hybrid in the same white/black/gold finish style instead.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by necrosis1193
You...modified...a vintage guitar from 1959? You sick, twisted man. What'd you do to it anyway?

Changed the bridge, looks like.

Anyway, I've got a 2008 Les Paul Standard Traditional Plus. Iced Tea finish on a nice flame top, but it really looks more like a Tobacco Burst. 2005 Lollar Imperial Pickups, RS Superpots, Graphtech saddles and nut.

It's awesome, but my camera is AWOL so no pichers.

EDIT: Hot-diggity-damn, that '83 Custom is classy.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Oct 1, 2009,
1963 SG Standard, I've owned this guitar since 1987 and the only work I've had done to it is the pickups were repaired last year, as the coil went in the treble pickup.
The Guitar has had lots done to it before I owned it, i.e the pickup covers were removed and the cover was also removed on the vibrola. It plays like a dream though.

Not sure on the colour, could be natural or cherry thats faded over the years.
PAF pups.
Mother of pearl inlays (I believe they only used this in the 1963 model)

Regards
Delboy
Last edited by Delboyuk_01 at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i've got a 2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard in Iced Tea
and a 2006 Gibson EDS-1275 in Heritage Cherry

You don't go by Jimmy do you?

Gibson Les Paul BFG. not for everybody, but i love the raw looks and the pickup versatility!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by bennield
i'm sorry

Haha dont worry. One day ill join this thread. Ive got about.. $3,699 to go!!
Life is a bullet, I love your BFG

About the LPJ, it was refinished, and given that new paintjob. The pickgaurd was removed, my dad got a new one on ebay. The wraparound bridge has been changed to a TOM set up. I belive the pots, and pickup are original. It was this way when my dad got it. Also, the tuners were replaced with Grovers.
'08 Studio!

Love it, hopefully I'll be able to add possibly a melody maker in so i can get a guitar with a single coil thats not a p90.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I've got a 2009 Gibson Dark Fire. Plays like a dream, and has all the modern conveniences. Just one of those guitars where when you pick it up, you know it's the right one.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Oct 1, 2009,
In February 2005, I bought this "Les Paul Melody Maker" stamped on August 9th, 2004. Unknown what number it is out of the electrics that were stamped that day.

I once owned a 1959 Melody Maker(bought it for $225 in 1991) that had been heavily modified by previous owners. I traded it off a couple years later and quickly regretted doing so.

When I saw Gibson had reissued the model, I vowed to get one. They called this model the "Les Paul Melody Maker" because of the Tune-O-Matic and Stop tailpiece combo, which was one of the mods on my old one - original MMs had a wraparound bridge. I haven't done any mods to this one but I eventually will. My old '59 MM had been routed for two PAF pickups, the neck p/u installed in reverse and it had the double volume and tone controls with the selector switch by the knobs like an SG. The reversed neck p/u caused it to have a phase-cancelled throaty growl when both pickups were used together. I may eventually mod this one to be just like the '59.
Last edited by carpepax at Oct 3, 2009,
Quote by LifeIsABullet16

Gibson Les Paul BFG. not for everybody, but i love the raw looks and the pickup versatility!

I hate the way the top on those looks, but other than that, those guitars rock.

Pretty the only stock parts on the guitar are the wood, bridge, tailpiece, nut and tuners. This guitar has seen so many different pickups...

Duncan '59 neck and bridge, JB bridge, Antiquity neck, Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAF, WCR Fillmore neck and bridge and Crossroads neck, 490r, 498t, burstbuckers 1, 2 and 3, but the pickups that currently reside and will most likely be staying put in there is the Wolfetone Dr. Vintage neck, which is just awesome, and by far the best neck pickup I've had in this guitar (well, the Antiquity and Crossroads come pretty close...). Nails the classic PAF tone. If anyone is looking for a great PAF replica for their les pauls, these are the ticket, if it's good wood, they'll seriously make your guitar sound like an old one. The uncovered pickup in the bridge is a Gibson that was rewound, also by Wolfetone, that one is a completely custom job, I really thought long and hard about the specs that I wanted but in the end, think Page's sound on HTWWW, that one nails it. It's really amazing how much money I've spent on pickups for this guitar...

I really suggest Wolfetones to anyone who is looking at PAF style pickups, they're as good as any that I've tried, though I haven't tried Throbaks which are kind of the hot new thing as far as PAF style pickups go.
Quote by Delboyuk_01
1963 SG Standard, I've owned this guitar since 1987 and the only work I've had done to it is the pickups were repaired last year, as the coil went in the treble pickup.
The Guitar has had lots done to it before I owned it, i.e the pickup covers were removed and the cover was also removed on the vibrola. It plays like a dream though.

Not sure on the colour, could be natural or cherry thats faded over the years.
PAF pups.
Mother of pearl inlays (I believe they only used this in the 1963 model)

Regards
Delboy
What year are the PAFs?
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 2, 2009,
Quote by LifeIsABullet16

I think the bodies on these look pretty cool. I like the unfinished looking body, the lack of a trim ring around the zebra humbucker and the wooden knobs. I bet the combo of bridge humbucker and neck P-90 makes for some pretty sweet tonal variety! This, IMHO, is one of the last cool things their marketing team came up with. I'd own one.
Quote by Bigaxmax
Proud owner of 2 lovely Gibsons.
Well, not really, one is a present so its mine, other is technically owned by my dad (doesnt play guitar).

Les Paul Studio - Wine Red, 1993
Mahogany Set Neck, everything is stock. Previously owned by the guitarist of Simply Red!... METULZ!

SG GT - Muscle Green with the 'go faster' stripes 2005? I don't remember.
Everything is stock, plays lovely, slight grounding issues though, damn you crappy QC!

Are you one of the Jo Bros?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Well then i think i should post mine aswell

Here it goes:

Gibson Les Paul Classic with '59 Model (neck) and Pearly Gates (bridge) Seymour Duncans,

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1995 With Bare Knuckle Emeralds and Hand Engraved Parts, just waiting for the pickup surrounds and selector ring,

And my first guitar; a Gibson SG Special 2003 Worn Cherry with gauge 12's on it! Love it!

I will put pictures up sometime!
Quote by Delboyuk_01
I've never checked the numbers out, I suppose I should really.
You should check the guy who repaired my pickups website out. I highly recommend his work. I would imagine his copies are relly good.

Here's a link

Regards
Delboy
Sweet, I've heard all about Sheds, the guy who winds them posts pretty frequently on one of the other les paul forums, I was very close to pulling the trigger on a set of his Shed Zeppelins but went with Wolfetones instead. Definitely sweet pickups though, in both sound and appearance.
Gibson SG Diablo:

Guitar of the Month January 2008. Mahogany neck and body, 24 frets, carved top, BurstBucker Pro pickups, Grover tuners. Plays like a f*cking dream.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
i will soon have a les paul studio (can't really tell if it's a studio faded or a vintage mahogany, but it's cherry red).. in about a month hopefully. but no pics since i don't have it yet. but it is a really incredible sounding guitar.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
After going through a small mountain of guitars over the last several months I think I've finally settled on this Standard Faded:

I love that diablo but is it just me or is it almost pink? I'll definetely be considering it when I decide to get an SG either way. Anyways my Traditional is my pride and joy, just got it a couple weeks ago.

Les Paul Traditional '08
Fender American Strat '99
Martin D16
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
535 Crybaby-Whammy-Small Clone-DD7 Delay

"I have a very high EQ--something like 3,000 hertz. If I think too hard, my brain hertz." Harrison
Quote by Pencil Man
Are you one of the Jo Bros?

I KNEW THIS WAS COMING!!!!

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
I WISH I had a Gibson Faded Flying V...

Or a Gibson Eye. I sorta like those... and most people find them revolting.
Am i the only one with a nice Gibson Blueshawk with Bigsby?

Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Page 1 of 4