Poll: Which?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which?
Douglas Spad
11 48%
Ibanez RG120
12 52%
Voters: 23.
go try em out and see which you prefer ... always the best way deciding between things.
Quote by Jay.R
go try em out and see which you prefer ... always the best way deciding between things.

Lol I can't try out the Douglas Spad, it's an online ONLY guitar. The RG120 I've tried out and it's good, but that's why I made this topic, I want to know if anyone has experience with rondo music guitars and/or has used the Douglas Spad guitar.
try 'em out also remember that for cheap guitars quiality varies massively guitar to guitar. You may find an absolutely fantastic ibanez and a crap spad or vica-versa. Never buy a cheap guitar online, unless you are lucky it'll be crap.

(true side story: my local music shop does online and in store - when they get a new stock in, they play them all - keep the best few for store display and put the worse ones aside for web sale since it's worth less and not try before buy)

EDIT: spad is online only? go for the ibanez for above reasons
Last edited by doive at Oct 1, 2009,
I would not buy either. I am one of the people that advocate try before you buy. Guitars are too personal of an item to take the word of some clown over the internet. Ya man this Gibendniz is the greatest thing on earth since the invention of air. You buy one sight unseen because Netbozo666 loved it you get the thing and you hate it.Then what?Go out and try everything you can get your hands on from the cheapest to the most expensive they will let you play with. That is the ONLY way to find a guitar that fits your hands and style of playing.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
I agree with you all, but rondomusic.com is a website where they ONLY sell guitars online. I was skeptical about it but I've heard high reviews from other people on this website about guitars from that site, and even one of my friends bought one from that site and he said it was pretty good.
Quote by Matt420740
Get the Spad. You can't go wrong for the price. Mahogany body and set neck, with Grover 18-1 tuners. I just bought one, and I love it. I can't believe what I got for the money I spent. I made a thread about that guitar here - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197574

Since I'm not going to be able to try it before I buy it if I buy it, what guitar plays most similarly to this guitar? If I can play that guitar at my local guitar store, at least I can get an idea of how the Douglas Spud is like.
Quote by dsan224
Since I'm not going to be able to try it before I buy it if I buy it, what guitar plays most similarly to this guitar? If I can play that guitar at my local guitar store, at least I can get an idea of how the Douglas Spud is like.

If you'll look at the thread I made you'll see the Douglas next to my Schecter C-1 series. They are very similar. Necks are close, bodies are almost exactly the same, only big difference is the headstock.
Quote by Matt420740
If you'll look at the thread I made you'll see the Douglas next to my Schecter C-1 series. They are very similar. Necks are close, bodies are almost exactly the same, only big difference is the headstock.

Does it play similarly to the Schecter guitar? Oh and I saw your youtube channel do you think down the road it's no rush but do you think you could make another video of you playing a song or maybe even review the guitar? I'm really curious about it.
Quote by dsan224
Does it play similarly to the Schecter guitar? Oh and I saw your youtube channel do you think down the road it's no rush but do you think you could make another video of you playing a song or maybe even review the guitar? I'm really curious about it.

Yes it plays very similar to the Schecter. I have one video I used the guitar in, which is the Chief Rebel Angel cover, and I should have some more coming soon.
Quote by Matt420740
Yes it plays very similar to the Schecter. I have one video I used the guitar in, which is the Chief Rebel Angel cover, and I should have some more coming soon.

Kk.
Wow, it's still a tie, yeah I don't know about that guitar I mean I can't try it out so IDK.
Quote by dsan224
Wow, it's still a tie, yeah I don't know about that guitar I mean I can't try it out so IDK.

I have both. You can see the RG120 on my youtube channel as well. I've never played the standard model Spad you are looking at. So I really can't tell you what to do. I got the pro model, which is made of different wood, and has different tuners and pickups. I guess if your unsure just go with something you can get your hands on and try out. I would recommend keeping an open mind about a used guitar as well. You could probably find something a little nicer for the same price secondhand.
I hope you decided to ''screw it and spend more money''

It will be well worth it, all the people in the other thread were blowing your situation way out of proportion.

I have never played either guitar so i can't help, but good luck on finding something nice!

EDIT: The Douglas looks like a much better quality guitar, I'm not sure though.
Last edited by geetar_man0 at Oct 2, 2009,
Quote by geetar_man0
I hope you decided to ''screw it and spend more money''

It will be well worth it, all the people in the other thread were blowing your situation way out of proportion.

I have never played either guitar so i can't help, but good luck on finding something nice!

EDIT: The Douglas looks like a much better quality guitar, I'm not sure though.

Lol you remember that other thread. Wait when you say well worth it, do you mean buying the Ibanez guitar or buying the Douglas guitar?
I bought a Douglas Strat on Ebay and have found it to be pretty nice for the price ($110). I figured, even if I don't like it for the price I could at least modify it. With the scalloped neck it's pretty fun. Here's a pic:

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; but Today is a Gift; That is why it is called The Present.
Quote by dsan224
Lol you remember that other thread. Wait when you say well worth it, do you mean buying the Ibanez guitar or buying the Douglas guitar?

Its worth spending 'more money'

What was so wrong about your other thread, was that people didn't notice that you said you were only spending $300, and as soon as they saw ''spend more money on first guitar'' the jumped to the conclusion that you were buying some brand new $3000 Gibson, but really in reality, The ibanez from the other thread IS a beginner guitar, and with that, one that you can use up until your into the moderate skill levels of playing.

As i said before i cant help you with the guitars in this thread, but both look nice.
But yeah, spend as much money as YOU want, there are pros and cons of spending more or less, but if you can afford it, why not spend more?! You're just going to get a higher quality product that is easier to play.

/end rant
I'm pretty sure at Rondo you can return any guitar for a full refund within 30 days...and he pays for shipping it back.
I would get the Douglas