Glenn Beck blames Atheists for all of America's problems. He also learns to sarcasm

Page 1 of 7
I can only assume he's trolling at this stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEuAVgmWt0U

Seriously, how can people defend this complete and other moronic horseshite.

Anyone who can still defend this guy is two brains cells short of two brain cells.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Imma learn me some sarcasm.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
He should stick to yelling at people over the phone.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
He should stick to yelling at people over the phone.

What, random people out of the phonebook?

I have a strong desire to phone him myself now
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Glenn Beck can bring some good points to the table sometimes, and other times he makes me feel ashamed to watch him.

But I will say that people have done some pretty horrid things under the name of God, but at the same time, your average citizen who has moderate religious beliefs probably also has higher ethical standards than your average atheist; but that's not saying they're the cause of the US's problems either.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Wait.

Didn't he throw a frog into boiling water?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.

Glenn Beck is amazing. Seriously, if there was a Mental Gymnastics event at the Olympics, he would win the gold every single year.

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Glenn Beck can bring some good points to the table sometimes, and other times he makes me feel ashamed to watch him.

But I will say that people have done some pretty horrid things under the name of God, but at the same time, your average citizen who has moderate religious beliefs probably also has higher ethical standards than your average atheist; but that's not saying they're the cause of the US's problems either.
Woah, woah, woah. Says who? Believing in God does not, in any way, make you more moral. If a majority of the US population believes in god then doesn't that, by extension, mean that a majority of the people committing crimes and doing immoral things also believe in god?

I'm not convinced that 1/4 US population is doing bad things based on being atheist.
Last edited by Inimical at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I can only assume he's trolling at this stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEuAVgmWt0U

Seriously, how can people defend this complete and other moronic horseshite.

Anyone who can still defend this guy is two brains cells short of two brain cells.

someones subbed to thunderfoot
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
What, random people out of the phonebook?

I have a strong desire to phone him myself now

I'm gonna phone him drunk ^^

Quote by Weeping_Demon7

ಠ_ಠ
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I just don't know whether to laugh or not...

☻/

/▌

/ \

PSN ID: Lord-MacTooth
Quote by Kensai

ಠ_ಠ

I was quoted by Kensai.

What do you mean by that, though?
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Weeping_Demon7

That is not true at all. Examples of atheist unethical tendancies, please.

Religious people are more ethical? Are murder, genocide, hatred, racism, and lying ethical?
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
your average citizen who has moderate religious beliefs probably also has higher ethical standards than your average atheist; but that's not saying they're the cause of the US's problems either.

No, false, incorrect, wrong.
No correlation has ever been shown between religious belief and quality of ethical standards. In fact, if anything, the opposite is true. Prison populations are overwhelmingly religious. Countries that are less religious are less likely to go to war. Countries that are less religious have less homicides.
Of course all of that means very very little, but I'm not using it to make sweeping and incorrect generalisations about people.
Quote by Zoot Allures
someones subbed to thunderfoot

Who? What?
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by Kensai

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

Boo

But yeah, I would really like to know his number, I bet he'd just ramble
I am gonna blow a load right in his face..

Then ill be like damn dude your gay, and ill laugh and cry.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by blackthought
Didn't he rape and murder a young girl in 1990?

no, that was bob saget
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
The more of Glenn Beck I see the more I become convinced that he is in fact a radical leftist in disguise trying to bring down the right-wing from the inside.
Quote by Wulphy
That is not true at all. Examples of atheist unethical tendancies, please.

Religious people are more ethical? Are murder, genocide, hatred, racism, and lying ethical?

Religious people don't do a lot of things because they choose to abstain in the name of something bigger than themselves.

Atheists have nothing other than there own secularism to look up to, and therefore have no qualms in doing something that a religious person would say is unethical etc.

As far as what I bolded, I was referring to your average religious citizen. Not nations and fundamentalist extremists.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Inimical

Glenn Beck is amazing. Seriously, if there was a Mental Gymnastics event at the Olympics, he would win the gold every single year.

Woah, woah, woah. Says who? Believing in God does not, in any way, make you more moral. If a majority of the US population believes in god then doesn't that, by extension, mean that a majority of the people committing crimes and doing immoral things also believe in god?

I'm not convinced that 1/4 US population is doing bad things based on being atheist.

I never said that, but I did say that on average, a MODERATELY religious person has more ethics and moral responsibilities versus an average atheist.

But being religious doesn't change if your a bad problem, and therefore what Beck said is stupid.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

at his mannerisms.

He's acting so disappointed and patronizing. What, does he expect people to watch this and say, "Wow, Glenn, I never thought of it that way! You've convinced me to believe in God." As if it's actually possible to decide to believe in something...

EDIT:
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Atheists have nothing other than there own secularism to look up to, and therefore have no qualms in doing something that a religious person would say is unethical etc.

Ethics are entirely subjective, though. Religious people may find it unethical to drink alcohol, consume drugs, or have premarital sex. Atheists may have no problems with those activities. Are you implying that alcohol, drugs, and premarital sex are the underlying causes of all of America's problems?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Religious people don't do a lot of things because they choose to abstain in the name of something bigger than themselves.

As far as what I bolded, I was referring to your average religious citizen. Not nations and fundamentalist extremists.

This is also not true at all. You do not need to believe in a higher power to abstain from doing immoral things. If that's the case, then religious people who aren't doing immoral things don't do it simply out of fear of punishment, which really makes them no more moral than anyone else.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I never said that, but I did say that on average, a MODERATELY religious person has more ethics and moral responsibilities versus an average atheist.

But being religious doesn't change if your a bad problem, and therefore what Beck said is stupid.

Do you have anything resembling a source for this, or did you pull it out of your ass?
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

I'm an atheist and I take extreme offence to that. You're saying that I'm less likely to be an ethical person than an adult with an imaginary friend? You sir have very little faith in humanity if you believe that about people. I would actually say atheists are more likely to behave in an ethical manner because they aren't as likely to behave irrationally in the name of an abstract higher power.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Their own secularism, and the good of their society and their neighbor.

A standard, god fearing individual, lives their life trying to impress their god so they can get into their heaven, rather than trying to further their society and help their neighbor.

Please, your ignorance is killing me. Your idea might sound alright on the internet, but it just doesn't apply in real life. If a person who believes in god wants to steal something, his belief in god isn't going to prevent him from doing so. Look at the mob, they are all standard Christians. Are they murderers, kidnappers, and thieves? Yup.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Nietsche
The more of Glenn Beck I see the more I become convinced that he is in fact a radical leftist in disguise trying to bring down the right-wing from the inside.

I know, right? I can't wait until he urges us to get up out of our chairs, open the window, and yell "I'm as mad as hell, and I can't take this anymore!"

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
your average citizen who has moderate religious beliefs probably also has higher ethical standards than your average atheist; but that's not saying they're the cause of the US's problems either.

Now I can't be arsed to find those exact statistics, but I'm pretty sure atheists account for something like 5% or less of the total population in American prisons.

Shorter version; what you are saying is ****ing wrong.
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Quote by Nietsche
I'm an atheist and I take extreme offence to that.

I'm not going to comment on the rest of your post (faith in humanity, etc.) but I agree with this. Seriously, what the fuck?

And Glenn Back is pretty revolting.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Oct 1, 2009,
I generally agree with Glenn Beck, because he talks about issues that no one else talks about. This, however, I disagree with. It is religion that's the cause for a lot of wars going on right now.
Quote by SteveHouse
I know, right? I can't wait until he urges us to get up out of our chairs, open the window, and yell "I'm as mad as hell, and I can't take this anymore!"

but he will always come beck

YEEEAAAAAH

edit: yes, I am really bored
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

False.
Stop saying stupid ****.

That covers your moderately religious people too.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by SteveHouse

Nice reference
How is Afterlife by A7X a related video?

He doesn't seem so dangerous. No-one seems to take him seriously.
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
Quote by Nietsche
I'm an atheist and I take extreme offence to that. You're saying that I'm less likely to be an ethical person than an adult with an imaginary friend? You sir have very little faith in humanity if you believe that about people. I would actually say atheists are more likely to behave in an ethical manner because they aren't as likely to behave irrationally in the name of an abstract higher power.

Well then, we disagree. But I never said that it made you a bad person. I'm religious, but I don't talk about it nor do I get angry at other people who don't believe in anything.

So chill out.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild