I just realized that I can only effectively transport a 1x12. Stacks won't really work unless it's small like a Tiny Terror with a shoulder bag. 2x12s are too big and heavy. It needs to be high gain and under $1500. What's out there. So far I found the ENGL Screamer and Mesa Express. Oh, and an Effects loop is necessary.
The Express series is not high gain.

If you can go used, look into a Mesa Mark III and DC series.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Hey I have a JVM 1x12 combo believe it or not they make one. I paid nearly 1600 bucks for it. And I have a B-52 At-112 and I use the B-52 more than the Marshall It sounds better grant it it's only 2 channels but I don't need anymore than that. I bought this think new for 359 USD it has an onboard fan the marshall doesn't it does not have a master so bedroom levels are hard to get. But it can be done as I have done it. I thought this amp nailed the VH tone. Do yourself a favor and save some money. Or if you like the Marshall is for sale. Later
The Screamer is a great amp!

But you can also buy a head and get a 1x12 cab. (e.g. Engl Fireball 100 + Framus 1x12)
Depending on what you're after, possibly look into a 6505 1X12. Plenty of gain for just about anything you're gonna want to do. However, the amp leaves much to be desired in the clean department - so if you need good cleans then you should look elsewhere.
DO YOU LIEK ME???

cause i dont like you

Quote by Floods_Solo
Lol. If insomniac's were called something less cool like "cock lords" or something I bet there would be significantly less people claiming to be it.
mark III or mark IV combo. Mesa express arent high gain at all. its medium gain and cleans. The marks will do everything
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by Reeen
The Screamer is a great amp!

But you can also buy a head and get a 1x12 cab. (e.g. Engl Fireball 100 + Framus 1x12)

Well the thing is that I would need to carry the head, cab, guitar case, and GT-10 (have a shoulder bag for that). I simply do not have enough appendages for that. I would love to get a head since most amps that I was be looking at only came in head form.

And I'm not a fan of the Mesa Marks or Peavey.
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by noob888
(Invalid img)

i forgot about that thing!

TS, i suggest a Mark IV, Randall RM50 and a Rivera KR 55 ( i think its out of your budget tho.)

and the Baron MI60L can come in a combo form me thinks.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by JELIFISH19
Well the thing is that I would need to carry the head, cab, guitar case, and GT-10 (have a shoulder bag for that). I simply do not have enough appendages for that. I would love to get a head since most amps that I was be looking at only came in head form.

that was my thinking at first when i bought a combo, but really i found it easier to move a head, 2x12 cab and my effects in three trips rather than struggle with a heavy 98lb combo. Bear in mind this was a 2x12 one so its extra heavy. 45lb head and ~40lb cab is easy to carry
Quote by mexican_shred
that was my thinking at first when i bought a combo, but really i found it easier to move a head, 2x12 cab and my effects in three trips rather than struggle with a heavy 98lb combo. Bear in mind this was a 2x12 one so its extra heavy. 45lb head and ~40lb cab is easy to carry

Well I live in NYC with no car and not in walking distance of anyone I would play with. So public transportation is what I'll be using. It would be great if I didn't have to make multiple trips. Most 1x12s from what I see seem to weigh around 50lbs. I can handle that with the guitar and GT-10. I've done it before. It was painful but I managed.
Then that does pose a small problem. Best bet is to find a lower wattage like around40-50watt combo then. IF you can find a used jcm800 50 watt combo with an OD that would work. But there's really not too many 1x12 high gain combos minus the engl and the 6505 thats coming out.

Ever tried the Mesa DC series, nomad or F?

If you are running the gt-10 ever thought about using that instead? Just a wild tangent that im throwing out

and a word from the wise. When most people try the mark IV they EQ all wrong. The III is easier to EQ from the IV but the Mark series amps are notorious for allowing the best form conventional eqing

also with the 6505 turning up that master/post gain is a must for a not fizzy compressed tone
Last edited by mexican_shred at Oct 1, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

i forgot about that thing!

TS, i suggest a Mark IV, Randall RM50 and a Rivera KR 55 ( i think its out of your budget tho.)

and the Baron MI60L can come in a combo form me thinks.

lol genere hamster ftw
thank you Alf for giving us that great gift
DO YOU LIEK ME???

cause i dont like you

Quote by Floods_Solo
Lol. If insomniac's were called something less cool like "cock lords" or something I bet there would be significantly less people claiming to be it.
Last edited by noob888 at Oct 2, 2009,
You should check out a amp builder named Randy fay.He goes by "Ontario Maximus" on you tube.
I had him build me a matchless spitfire clone and I love i!
this amp is not high gain but high gain stuff is his specialty.He mainly sticks to making heads but builds them very compact.My spitfire clone is in a epi jr cab and it is 18watts.
This guys prices are very fair,and his build quality is good (at least mine is ive had it for 2 years of constant playing)
Last edited by iansmith6041 at Oct 2, 2009,