If you run your guitar with one setup with 9's... And switch it to 10's, still in the same tuning (standard)... Will the 10's feel more slack, or more tight than the 9's?

Reason I ask is with my new rig I feel the strings may be a bit slack, other than on the first one or two frets... Wondering if going up or down a gauge may help.

Thanks
With the same set-up and tuning, .010s will be tighter than .009s.

This is because with a thicker string, with the same tension, it will create a lower pitch. This is why bass strings are way thicker. Since with the same tension, thicker strings will create a lower pitch, to get the same pitch, they have to be tuned tighter.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
With the same set-up and tuning, .010s will be tighter than .009s.

This is because with a thicker string, with the same tension, it will create a lower pitch. This is why bass strings are way thicker. Since with the same tension, thicker strings will create a lower pitch, to get the same pitch, they have to be tuned tighter.

this.

but if you have a 24.75 scale guitar and a 25.5 scale guitar and you put the 10's on the 1st and the 9's on the 2nd and in the same tuning, they should feel realatively close to the same tension.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
It is a 25.5 scale... I am going to double check tonight but it does seem as if they are 9's from the factory because they are quite slack once you get up the neck a bit. They are very easy to fret but I find they are a bit sloppy to strum/pick.

If they are in fact 10's... Well I don't know what to think then :-P
Quote by potatohead_33
It is a 25.5 scale... I am going to double check tonight but it does seem as if they are 9's from the factory because they are quite slack once you get up the neck a bit. They are very easy to fret but I find they are a bit sloppy to strum/pick.

If they are in fact 10's... Well I don't know what to think then :-P

when you get a 25.5 scale guitar stock, they're normally strung with 9's. this was true for my Schecter, my Fender, and all guitars at GC with 25.5 scales.

I also noticed that my friends Epi LP was strung with 10's when he first got it and it was just as bendable as playing 9's. I've noticed the 10's at GC as well on the 24.75 scale instruments. (I have a pretty good GC compared to the rest of the world)

since owning my Schecter, I've put on 11's on there for lower tunings. and I still use 9's on the Fender
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
going up in gauge , you should have your guitar,s bridge reset if you have whammy bar but it,s not grucial ,just a thought ....rock on rock hard!