So my friend has an old olympic white strat that his dad got when he played. its from the late 80's and he and i agreed that it didnt sound too great. his pickups are really rusty along with other parts, so this bring my first question: does rust affect sound at all on pickups (pole pieces)? also, his frets are extremely worn down, so the second question is how much would refretting a neck cost?
Quote by r4ster
Pedalboard wood alters the tone

To each his own

Gear-
'06 Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel
not sure about the rust question, but if the necks a bolt on you can prolly just get a new neck cheap. but if you're into guitar mech, i'd recommend looking up how to refret your neck by yourself and just get the neck in case you mess up.
you can use scotch brite to get some of the rust off. As for refretting, often times it is cheaper to get a new neck, unless that neck has any special value to you.

EDIT: thought the rust was on the frets. don't use scotch brite on the pickups
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
where can you get a neck? ( its a maple neck with a maple fretboard) and also, if anyone has the answer, does the rust on the pickups affect sound?
Quote by r4ster
Pedalboard wood alters the tone

To each his own

Gear-
'06 Gibson Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Bugera V22
Fulltone OCD
Dunlop Crybaby w/ Fasel
You can buy necks on eBay. Mighty Mite is a great, Fender-certified, brand for necks.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??