Would you say the action is high? Just fine?

Yeah yeah, I gotta dusty fretboard.

F--- the action your neck looks super warped.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Looks high, but the photo isnt that useful since its such a small section of the neck. I'd recommend getting the guitar set up properly.
That's not warped, that's just an effect of the camera lens exaggerating the normal curve of the neck.

Anyway, I wouldn't call that 'high' action. That's medium action. People seem to have a very skewed idea of what 'high' and 'low' action actually are.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
The photo doesn't give away much. I would say that's about how I like the action on my guitars which I wouldn't call high but isn't low.

Are you asking for a specific reason or are you just interested to know where you stand. If the action on your guitar isn't at the extreme of being too low (buzzing) or too high (breaking your hands) then it doesn't really matter.

The key question is not whether it is high/low but whether you like it at that level.
Yeah the necks not warped. Shooting that close-up kinda gives the photo a "fishbowl" effect.

I was more or less just curious what everybody's definition of "high" action is, since I see it referred to a lot. I don't really have a problem with the way it is.

Thanks for the input!
measure it right at the 12th fret and tell us what it is. on my guitar that i think is PERFECT, im just a pubic hair over 1mm at the 6th string.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Last edited by SYLrules88 at Oct 1, 2009,