I've been playing guitar for over 2 years and bass for about 1 and really am having a hard time playing. I tried learning new stuff, but I usually just play the same old things I know. I want to start a band and am trying so hard to find members, but I can't even find one other member. The other day, I was sent an audio clip and something clicked and I wrote some pretty decent lyrics to it and really liked it. I just wish I could get a group of musicians together to go and do that kind of stuff. I have been listening to new kinds of music to get my mind in a new direction. I am starting to think I should put the guitar and bass down for a while and find some new hobby or something. I just don't see myself progressing as a musician unless I have something to work off of. I want bandmates to play with but all this searching and finding no one is killing me. What do you guys think I should do and how did you meet your bandmates?
i met my bandmates through school, but if you want something to keep you motivated, find ANY kind of musician, and ask them for a jam, rather then "wanna make a band", that way, you can try creating new things on spot, just to give you something to do while searching.
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic