hey guys i want to clean my fretboard since theres a lot of wear on it and its not as silky smooth as i want it. What do i do to get that? someone told me lemon pulp was good but i think he was just jerking my chain
Depends entirely on the nature of the guitar's neck and fretboard.

What are the fretboard and the neck made of? Do they have a finish on them, and if so, what kind?

Though as a general rule to get you started, you use a tiny amount of lemon oil on some rosewood fretboards if they're very, very dry. Other than that you should just use an inkless microfibre cloth and no chemicals.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
what fretboard do you have?

maple- you just need a damp cloth and wipe it down and dry it off

with rosewood and ebony- lemon oil conditions them and cleans them.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
use steel wool on rosewood, then lemon oil.
if you do use steel wool put masking tape over your pups and use a magnet to make sure you remove the bits of steel wool from the fretboard
and make sure you get very fine steel wool, probably 000 would be fine enough. otherwise you'll scratch up your fretboard
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
I really can't recommend using steel wool. Unless your fretwire is stainless steel (which it almost certainly isn't, very, very few guitars have steel fretwire), you could wear down your fretwire, even if it is very fine steel wool. Don't use anything 'scratchy'. By far the best type of cloth to use for cleaning any and every part of a guitar is an inkless microfibre cloth.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Use a credit card or similar to GENTLY scrape off all the gunk in-between each fret. And then, if it's a rosewood fingerboard, wipe a bit of lemon oil onto the fretboard, let it sit for a few minutes, and then wipe it off. Leave it for another few minutes, and then wipe off the residue that pops out of the fretboard. Repeat until there's no more lemon oil coming out of the fretboard.

Just head off to the guitar store and buy a bottle of lemon oil - it's not very expensive. And a cloth. Fork out now, and you won't have to again.
Quote by MrFlibble
Depends entirely on the nature of the guitar's neck and fretboard.

What are the fretboard and the neck made of? Do they have a finish on them, and if so, what kind?

Though as a general rule to get you started, you use a tiny amount of lemon oil on some rosewood fretboards if they're very, very dry. Other than that you should just use an inkless microfibre cloth and no chemicals.

Maple neck with maple fretboard
Right, with maple you're dealing with a finish, so don't use any lemon oil.

The best thing to do is to get a could of inkless microfibre cloths - camera stores will have them - and dampen one just very slightly with room temperature water (not hot water, just room temperature - and you're not trying to soak the cloth, you just want a little moisture in there to help lift the more stubborn dirt). Gently rub it around the fretboard, then get a second cloth (dry) and use circular motions to wipe the fretboard clean. Make sure you get any left over moisture off the fretboard, you don't want it to sit on there. That should lift any dirt that's built up. If there are any marks that are really stubborn, just repeating the process over the same spot should get rid of it. Maple boards have a hard, smooth finish on them so dirt shouldn't stick around for long.
On a note of general information:

The use of lemon oil has been (in my experience) the equivalent of licking your lips. Nourishes, but later is bad for it. It has been suggested you rub a bit of saliva into the fretboard after a lemon oil conditioning, for the enzymes in it that sort of break down the harsher acids that may strip moisture out in the end.

course, you could use beeswax, too. If you like it slippery.

but I wouldn't recommend it.
GTFO my sig
what about the dunlop 02 fingerboard conditioner? guess it doesnt apply since you've got a maple

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab