I know there will be comments on my amp being modeling and taking pedals not so well. I assure you, that the clean models on my VT50 take pedals well fo shizzle. I've been having trouble getting my tones just right. The UK80s sound is more up my alley but is too dark for rhythm with a humbucker and too bright for lead on my strat. I'd like pedal that can give a clear sounding overdrive/distortion sound for rock riffs, but isn't too thin on lead. I don't mind using two pedals for different gain levels and all that. My budget is no more than $150 per pedal. I think $100-$120 is more preferable.
try blacstar ht dual
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_OawFUhV5g
tell me what you think this thing is amazing can do so much
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
That's pretty sweet...but that doesn't really leave room for a lower gain overdrive...could something else get something akin that tone at a lower price???
Quote by sg4ever
That's pretty sweet...but that doesn't really leave room for a lower gain overdrive...could something else get something akin that tone at a lower price???

It has two channels, so you can have both your heavy distortion and light overdrive in one pedal
Oh yeah? Hmmm...but I play a lot of indie/alternative with ambient tones (reverb, delay), on the lighter end of the spectrum. I go from those kind of tones to more edgy rock and solos in one set onstage...I can the lighter overdrive get that light breakup that's glassy yet warm for chording and high delay riffs?
Last edited by sg4ever at Oct 2, 2009,
Quote by joey arce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_OawFUhV5g
tell me what you think this thing is amazing can do so much

That's one of the best vids I've seen on this pedal. Nice!

I prefer my Dano Transparent Overdrive especially at $40. Its my number 1 across both amps. Open sounding, dynamic and responsive to an amp already into break up. I bet you think its average cause of the price...? Killer pedal.

The HT Dual is really articulate and you can change the tube in them which I have done several times just to see. I have lots of 12AX7's current and NOS in my Drawer. It can make a difference.
FJA DSL50
Night Train

Strat
GT HH Tele

Dano CTO-1
Route 808
Ht Dual
Hmmm...I'm really only liking the higher gain tones on the pedal. That's too much for just the high gain sound. I'm not really sure what could give me that big yet clear tone for power chords and solos at a lower price though. I actually do like the Dano CTO-1. Hmmm...I'm thinking the Dirty Bomb is too sludgy for me.