i just got a new guitar last saturday (ltd viper 50) and it was working just fine until today i noticed my 2nd fret on the A string isn't working, and when i try to press down on it harder it just sounds out of tune, can anyone help me?
I've got a great idea.
Get a refund and get a different guitar, because if there is a issue with your guitar, with some common sense, you'd get it fixed, or since you Just bought it, get a refund.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
Quote by whoahesgood
I've got a great idea.
Get a refund and get a different guitar, because if there is a issue with your guitar, with some common sense, you'd get it fixed, or since you Just bought it, get a refund.

there is no need to be a dick man.

just help the guy out.

ts,is there no note coming out when you fret it and play or what?
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Quote by williamdllr
there is no need to be a dick man.

just help the guy out.

Yeah, this ain't The Pit. Help a brother out!

Also, if you would elaborate on the problem a bit, I'm sure someone could properly diagnose your problem for ya.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Perhaps the 3rd fret is too high and muting your string? Is that what you mean? If it is i believe you might need to get a fret filed down.
if the string is out of tune, you might need to intonate.

if there's a dead note, then look for a kink in the String, or in the fret.

then post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011