"My CV is enclosed for your review and I would appreciate your consideration for any available positions."

I dunno it just doesn't sound right! Rephrase help please?
Quote by msuspartan
Only the pit can turn a thread about auditioning for a Christian band, to having sexual experiences while eating a banana. Bravo pit, Bravo.
Sounds fine to me.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Enclosed is a copy of my CV. Thank you very much for considering me for a position with you company, and I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Quote by Horatio
Enclosed is a copy of my CV. Thank you very much for considering me for a position with you company, and I look forward to speaking to you soon.

This, or put a comma before 'and'. We just went through this in college comp.
If your the one asking for a position, then you would want YOUR consideration for the position, as in YOU want to be considered for a position.

Also, I assume a CV is like a resume?
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Do they know what a CV is?
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
sounds right to me
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
C.V.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Quote by Le_Bunny
It sounds a bit overcooked and try hard... don't try to be too wordy.

It also sounds professional and shows that he has a grasp over the english language. In my experience employers prefer people who know how to write an ass kissing cover letter, because it shows they actually want the position, rather than someone who doesn't want to "try too hard." If you're not trying too hard you won't get anywhere, especially through this recession .
Quote by st.stephen
It also sounds professional and shows that he has a grasp over the english language. In my experience employers prefer people who know how to write an ass kissing cover letter, because it shows they actually want the position, rather than someone who doesn't want to "try too hard." If you're not trying too hard you won't get anywhere, especially through this recession .

And a part of having a grasp of the english language is to make your message clear, succinct and easily understandable whilst being detailed through descriptive language. TS' sentence, to me, does not demonstrate this. Though it is descriptive, it does not read easily, and is not streamlined. That's what I meant.
Quote by Le_Bunny
And a part of having a grasp of the english language is to make your message clear, succinct and easily understandable whilst being detailed through descriptive language. TS' sentence, to me, does not demonstrate this. Though it is descriptive, it does not read easily, and is not streamlined. That's what I meant.

Yeah i was just thinking the same thing
Quote by Le_Bunny
*Rebuttal*

Well how would you word the sentence so that it is

1)Descriptive
2)Less wordy and easy to read
3)Succinct and to the point
4)Streamlined and relatively short

Reviewing, I would simply remove "your," apart from that I'm happy with it.
"My CV is enclosed and I would appreciate consideration for any available positions."

EDIT: Well guys it's good we're discussing this but critiquing it without giving examples is pointless maybe give him something to work with so he can improve it?
Last edited by st.stephen at Oct 1, 2009,
CV is mine to enclosed for review and you're would I consider your appreciation for positions available, any?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
CV is mine to enclosed for review and you're would I consider your appreciation for positions available, any?

you beat me, TS should use this.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo makes sense
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Nelsean

I applaud this sentence.
If music be the food of love, play on.
Quote by st.stephen
Well how would you word the sentence so that it is...
EDIT: Well guys it's good we're discussing this but critiquing it without giving examples is pointless maybe give him something to work with so he can improve it?

I see you concede defeat. I would say something along the lines of "Enclosed is my resume, and I very much appreciate your consideration of me as regards any available positions."
Quote by Nelsean

NELSEAN! Stop spamming up the pit, and get back to the metal forum.

But yeah, the first rewritten version looked good. I'll read it over again.

EDIT: It was Horatio's post. It was good except for the

"for considering me for a position" part.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Oct 2, 2009,
Quote by RedDeath9
NELSEAN! Stop spamming up the pit, and get back to the metal forum.

Metal forum has too much Iron.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all