Cooked it up in about a day, drums took longer than I thought, I'm getting progressively worst at coming up with drum beats =(

Haven't written much b/c the band and I are just hammering down and tightening up the songs for our upcoming album, that and I've been stupid busy.

I was watching the movie the other day and it reminded me how ****ing cool it was back when I watched it as a kid (matter o' fact, its still better than 99% of the **** hollywood churns out these days). It was a really good watch since I forgot most of it and I've only seen it once before (as a kid).

So sit back, enjoy, and crit away.

C4C as always

and if you guys haven't seen the John Carpenter classic, I implore you to go see it, I just realized The Faceless got the planetary duality concept probably from this movie...

edit: now with lyrics, breakdown is my favorite as the guitars go back and forth the lyrics change:

======
Verse 1
======

Controlled
From the moment of birth
Deceived; the eyes that lie;
Poisoned are our mothers
Poisoned are our minds

A sickening veil that binds us;
That blinds us from the truth;

The rich are hideous Interdimensional monsters;
Our planet forever doomed;

=====
Chorus
=====
They LIVE!
(low growl) We Sleep...
Our souls their's forever to keep;

They LIVE!
(low growl) We die....
Their lies, the lies that bind;

======
Verse 2
======

Awake!
See the dismal light
The color drains from your vision;
Black and white
is all you need to.....
SEE THEIR HORROR;

=====
Chorus
=====
They LIVE!
(low growl) We Sleep...
Our souls their's forever to keep;

They LIVE!
(low growl) We die....
Their lies, the lies that bind;

========
Breakdown
========
Sleep...
sleep...
Your planet ours to keep...

Sleep...
SLEEP...

Sleep!
Formaldehyde faces
have our souls to keep....

SLEEP!
Pesky humans
should not meddle
Just be sheep.

SLEEP!
Brothers, the day soon comes when we will weep;

SLEEP!
While we rape your planet
and control the weak!
Attachments:
TheyLiveWeSleep_by_tabreezazad.zip
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."
Last edited by cptazad at Oct 2, 2009,
It's a really good construction in a song, but the main theme melody is just a little too repetitive and just not catchy enough to be played as much as it is. I like the tuning.
Quote by Mullen2105
It's a really good construction in a song, but the main theme melody is just a little too repetitive and just not catchy enough to be played as much as it is. I like the tuning.

Figured as much, I too think it's a bit overused, I'm leaving it in there till I come up with something better, thanks for the suggestion!
The cleansing has begun.
That was awesome.

Sounded much better when EQ'd and RSE'd.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Last edited by Balmazer at Oct 1, 2009,
Updated with lyrics now
The cleansing has begun.
Lyrics are cool ! Keep it brutal \,,/!
Didn't like the intro really. Verse was cool even with harmony.
Chorus was pretty boring and seemed to be boring even with vocals.
Bridge is cool because of double bass.
second verse ---> was cool untill chorus . Nice bass fill and snare drum part fills that riff perfectly! Breakdown was a little bit odd, but it had cool parts.
Over all I would give 7/10.

Crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1209702
First of i really like the solo its so evil and sounds really awsome
.)I wasn't a fan of the main riff to high sounding maybe?
.)chorus nice and evil
.)breakdown went on for a bit long but it was good what you had just to much of it
would be good to hear it live

8/10 mainly becuase of the main riff, i feel i want to give it a 10 because of the solo, maybe extend it?
Thanks for the crit. Hmm, intro's melody sounds really evil and good. The verse's drums are weird, like in bar 14, when you have a snare hit at the last sixteenth in the bad, it sounds completely out of place. Second part of verse serves as a nice build up to the chorus. Chorus slows things down and make them groove more in comparison to the intro/verse. I love the placement of bars 41-44. Br 52 is cool. Nice use of blast beats in the "bass section." The solo is nice, could've been longer but it serves its purpose. I'm not a big fan of breakdowns, but this one was rather nice, compared to most of the ones I've heard. I like how by the end of the breakdown, things are so tensed up the chorus almost seems necessary to resolve the song. Bar 114 seems like a really good idea executed poorly. I think the odd time sig might've caught me off guard because after I changed it to 2/4, I liked it more, but then I changed it back to 3/8 and it sounded wicked.

8/10. Solo could be longer, the drums in the verse need a little bit of work. But otherwise, its brilliant.
That main riff really makes me want to kill myself. It is so ******* ANNOYING. I just really really hate it. The breakdown was sick though.