So basicly, it's been awhile since I've had this little problem with my playing. And the main thing is, I do not know if I'm right or wrong, so I figured it was about time to ask.

So basicly, I've started thinking how you actually play notes from strings to strings, so that it sounds "fluent". I eventually figured I had to have the last note ring while I pick up the note on the next string, but immediatly after release it so it doesn't conflict with the last one. So this is what's bugging me; is this actually right? Cause lately I've been watching a lot of instructionnal videos and the guys out there don't really seem to actually do that. They all seem like they just pick every notes at the right moment and it happens to sound fluent.

In my case, it's really, at the same time I pick a note on a new string, the last note(of course on another string)must be ringing at the same time, but only for a really short period of time, like right after the picking motion it has to be muted or so. And I'm really starting to wonder; am I being too perfectionnist? Or is this the right way to play? To me it does seem more fluent, but it kinda looks like I'm the only one doing so oO.

I know I've been working on it for a little while and getting better at it, but I'm wondering if this is actually the right thing to do? Being very perfectionnist in nature, I'm wondering if I'm not starting to "overdo" it.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

I would say don't do it. You can get a lot of dissonance that way and some of it just doesn't work too well. Just work on timing.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
^Agreed.

You want to get a metronome and set it upto say 60bpm 16th notes.

Play a scale. Now, to be playing it in time and right, you need to hold every note for the entire duration of the click, but strike the next note dead on the next click.