My strings snapped on me, came home and found 4/6 of them broken. One of the two surving ones was breaking down so I've decided to replace all the strings. I have already put all the strings on. I was using a tuner to tune my guitar and When I finished it sounded like crap even though the tuner read it was at standard. I used my other tuner and well I had to completly retune it and it ended up being a load of crap.

On tuner is like 15 $ and I have problems like 75% of the time.
The other tune, well I just got pissed and smashed it so lets not worry bout that.
I'm going over to a friends tommorow to get my guitar synced with his, but I want to know what type of tuner would be good for me.

I'm looking for one thats around 20-35$

My second thing is I've got a starter amp from 5-1/2 years ago, I've only taken guitar seriously 3 years ago. All that I have had to use is this cheap ass amp that only plays Tremble and Bass. I've used my friends who has many of the other functions like Gain, he has a Raven amp.

I was wondering what kind of amp would be good for me that isn't cheap but not to expensive.

My price range would be about 125$ to 600$. So what is a good amp to get.

If you know one, give me the name, and if you know where it is directly on Guitar Center then give me the Html.

Plans are to find a good amp and use something like craigslist to find it for cheaper
Quote by Royal Celebi
Not allowed to whip out my dick in the middle of class. Ludicrous.

Quote by ratracekid111
Is that even Possible?!?!?

Quote by ilovepepsi
can i go blind by eating purple
As for your strings, what kind of guitar do you have?

As for the amp, might I suggested a Peavey Vypyr? A 30 or 75 watt should suffice, and you could get the Sanpera footswitch for it. It's good for any and all genres.
are you sure the strings are being tuned in the right octave :P or they could me going out as you tune other strings ex you tune the low e to...e lol then move to the a string as your tightening the tension on that string it can effect the low e you just tuned...so if that the issue just tune all your string go back to the e and do it again...and if needed again
ESP/LTD MH 1000 ,I have the same guitar as you! I thought everyone could tune a guitar using the fifth fret...
Join the Guitar Religion
haha awesome! 5th fret works jsut as good but if theres something causing a problem for the guitars tuning to be f ucked up using a tuner is probably the safer route for trying to solve it lol
Igordubai, If that's an Airship reference, go back to the Pit or get reported for spamming.

In all honesty, maybe you tuned backwards? EADGBe From top to bottom. I had a friend who did that.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Last edited by bv310 at Oct 2, 2009,
Did you give your strings a good stretching when you put them on? Also, when you add more strings/tighten strings, it adds tension to the neck and causes the other strings to go out of tune.
Quote by TatarSalad2
As for your strings, what kind of guitar do you have?

As for the amp, might I suggested a Peavey Vypyr? A 30 or 75 watt should suffice, and you could get the Sanpera footswitch for it. It's good for any and all genres.

I got a Fender Starcaster, Decent Guitar
Erm the strings are like 15$ guitar strings, I've been using them for 1-1/2 years now. My tuner used to work properly but now its not. My friends guitar is tuned, and when I put mine to his it says his is way off.

Just wanted to know what a good tuner would be.

-------------------------------------------

I'll check the amp out.
Quote by Royal Celebi

Quote by ratracekid111

Quote by ilovepepsi
you need a new guitar.
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by bv310
Igordubai, If that's an Airship reference, go back to the Pit or get reported for spamming.

In all honesty, maybe you tuned backwards? EADGBe From top to bottom. I had a friend who did that.

Erm no, i've tuned using this and its tuned properly but only a couple months ago did my tuner start jacking up.

I did try to tune to the other way but it wasn't working either and I had more luck the first time.

-----------------------

This morning I played a couple songs, One, and Unholy confessions. Was able to tune the guitar close to standard by how it should sound w/o amp. Brought guitar to school and had mine tuned using a friends guitar.
Quote by Royal Celebi

Quote by ratracekid111

Quote by ilovepepsi
On the topic of the amp,
Genres played?
Gigging?
Willing to go used?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Boss tuner is good but ITs not as good as Korg pitchblack
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
you need a new guitar.

Ya I know, Gonna see how much I have left after I get an amp and a Tuner.

a new Guitar isn't a High priority to me though since I don't perform I More of stay in my room or go to friends and play.
Quote by Royal Celebi

Quote by ratracekid111

Quote by ilovepepsi