Ive had this old POS harmony guitar sitting around for a few years and finally decided to do something with it. I plan on getting a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, white and black seymour duncan sh-8 pickups, a white pearl pickguard with black screws, black knobs, and thats it so far. I decided to go out of the ordinary with this by painting it fluorescent yellow. So far ive used 2 cans of krylon white primer, 2 cans of krylon fluorescent yellow, and one can of valspar laquer clear coat but I think im gonna do one more can. For anyone else who wants to paint their guitar fluorescent, all the krylon fluorescent colors that say dries in 15 minutes on it are laquer paints.

Before:

Two cans of primer lots of light coats, lightly sanded until smooth with 220 grit between every 2 coats.

Same process as the primer, light coats 2 cans, and sanded until smooth with 220 grit every two coats.

It glows under blacklights

I dont have any pics of it with the clear coat on yet but its just like any other clear coat job, many light mist coats gradually getting heavier, ive only used on can but i think im gonna go with one more just to be safe. Enjoy
omfg.

AWESOME.

will there be LED'S in the neck?

still damn cool tho.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Did you webcam pic that third one, or is it a different guitar? The control cavity made me go

Other than that, looks sick. What pups are you going with?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
looks good, one question how big were the cans that you used?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Wow.

Just...

Wow.

I kinda like it, it's definitely out there!

Did you tape up your neck pocket before painting?
Quote by eddiehimself
looks good, one question how big were the cans that you used?

Im pretty sure they were just average sized cans heres some pics

Primer

Color
Quote by bv310
Did you webcam pic that third one, or is it a different guitar? The control cavity made me go

Other than that, looks sick. What pups are you going with?

lol the third pic was taken with my phone and for pickups im going with seymour duncan sh-8s
Last edited by RA_ChrisC at Oct 2, 2009,
Nice man, I wouldn't mind doing this sometime.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by RA_ChrisC
Im pretty sure they were just average sized cans heres some pics

Primer

Color

okay thanks, i was just wondering how many cans to use as i got the bigger 1/2 litre cans which is a bit less than 2 of your normal sort of 300ml/1/2 pint cans so i wondered what size those were so i could know whether i should use 1 or 2.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."