Hey everyone, been lurking here for a number of months now, but only just signed up. 20 years old, been playing guitar now for about 8 months, played saxophone for several years prior. Alas, came to find there was little to no overlap between the two (not that I had any reason to expect there was) but the learning curve is a drag.

Primary music interests are the likes of AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, any Dio era Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Rush, Megadeth, among several others. Most people I know would classify me as a bit of a classic rock fanboy, and are not in the wrong in doing so; lately i've been getting more exposure to metal/vintage thrash, however, and have expanded tastes as such.

Once again, hi.
I lurked here for about 2 years before I joined, lol. Welcome! Be careful in The Pit.

Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
listen to yoduh you must. wise words he speaks. eat you The Pit will.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Yeah but the whole point of the pit is to trap newcomers and feast on their E-bodies... you guys blew our cover...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I'm sigging this whole thread.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
There's bound to be a drummer here that can help you, otherwise check YouTube for tutorial vids.
Quote by yoduh4077
MY TIME HAS COME.
Quote by Jesus_Dean
^^^See! Told ya so!
Hey

We have stickied thread jut for introductions. Feel free to repost this in there, as this thread will be closed as soon as a mod gets round to it

Welcome to UG